Your FCRA Exam, Your Agency & the CFPB – How to Prepare
Regardless of the Agency or Examiner, your next FCRA Exam will be tougher. Are you ready? This webinar reviews the examiners modules and their directives.
Regardless of the Agency or Examiner, your next FCRA Exam will be tougher. Are you ready? Examiners will be reviewing all financial institutions (FI) that either use consumer reports or furnish consumer’s pay habits (data) to Credit Reporting Agencies. This webinar reviews the examiners modules and their directives.
It is not what you know that will hurt you in the exam process; it is what you don’t know! This session provides a cost-effective way to prepare for your next exam. You may train as many individuals as you like for one set price. There will be no travel costs, time lost from work and no one will be required to leave the institution.
We will review the examiners modules and their directives, such as:
- Entity Business Model: Management systems, internal controls, and policy & procedures
- Accuracy of Information & Furnisher Relations: Risk & violations
- Contents of Consumer Reports: What is and is not a consumer report
- Permissible Purposes & Other User Issues: Risk & violations
- Consumer File & Score Disclosures: New Adverse Action notices
- Consumer Inquiries, Complaints & Disputes and the Reinvestigation Process: Risk & violations
- Consumer Alerts & Identity Theft Provisions: Risk & violations
- Prescreening, Employment Reports & Investigative Consumer Reports: Risk & violations
- Determine if FI engages in acts or practices that violate the requirements of federal consumer financial law
- The Last Examiner’s Objective: Determine whether a violation has occurred and whether further supervisory or enforcement actions are appropriate.
Some of these points may appear vague to you, however, to the examiners and the Agencies they are not!
Compliance/Risk Officers, HR, Trainers and anyone responsible for establishing and maintaining policy and procedures.
Greg Souther is President and CEO of Greg Souther Consulting & Seminars, a firm that teaches the benefits of getting fiscally fit! With over 27 years’ training and seminar experience, Greg shares practical “how to” advice that everyone can easily understand and use instantly. Founded in 1996, Greg Souther Consulting & Associates provides training and consulting to businesses in the area of customer service and communication; credit, collection and compliance; fraud and security; human resources; and marketing and selling.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2.5 hours CRCM/CLBB
Member price: $265.00 | Non member price $530.00
Member price: $280.00 | Non member price $560.00
Online: Visit the CBA Webinar Catalog
Mail: Click here and mail completed form with check payable to ConferenceEdge to: (Mail at least 10 days prior to event)
1516 Xavier St., Ste 500, Denver, CO 80204
Phone: Call ConferenceEdge at (877) 988-7526 (credit card payments only)
- Preferred Payment Method: Online
- Please register online or by phone when paying with a credit card
- Payment Must Accompany Registration – Invoices are Not Provided
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.