Your FCRA Exam, the CFPB & Your Bank: How to Prepare!
Regardless of the agency or examiner, your next FCRA exam will be tougher thanks to new CFPB reporting standards and examiner focus. You will be ready and this webinar is why!
A September CFPB Bulletin addresses furnishers’ obligations to review all “relevant information” they receive in connection with disputes forwarded by the consumer reporting agencies (CRAs).
Regardless of the agency or examiner, your next FCRA exam will be tougher. To address these tougher standards the CFPB will be monitoring data collected by the National Credit Reporting Agencies on the information you report and consumer disputes. These updates by the CFPB will change your examiner’s focus and we expect the other agencies to follow their lead. You will be ready and this webinar is why!
It is not what you know that will hurt you in the exam process; it is what you don’t know! This session provides a cost-effective way to prepare. You may train as many individuals as you like for one set price with no travel costs or time lost from work.
- Entity Business Model: Management systems, internal controls and policy & procedures
- Accuracy of Information & Furnisher Relations: Risk management & rising violations
- Contents of Consumer Reports: What is and is not a consumer report & do you qualify?
- Permissible Purposes & Other User Issues: Risk overview & class action violations
- Consumer File & Score Disclosures: New adverse action notices & risk based pricing notice
- Consumer Inquiries, Complaints & Disputes & the Reinvestigation Process: CFPB & stronger guidelines for all who report
- Consumer Alerts & Identity Theft Provisions: Service member requirements & violations
- Prescreening, Employment Reports & Investigative Consumer Reports: Risk & violations
- The Examiner’s Objective: Determine if FI engages in acts or practices that violate requirements of federal consumer financial law
Compliance/risk officers, lenders, HR, presidents, board members, trainers and anyone responsible for establishing and maintaining policy and procedures.
Greg Souther, President, Greg Souther Consulting & Seminars, provides training and consulting to companies in the following areas: Customer Service & Communication; Credit, Collections & Compliance; Preventing Fraud & Information Security; and Marketing & Sales. With over 29 years of training and speaking experience, Greg and his associates share practical “how to” advice that everyone can easily understand and use in their daily work environment.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2 hours/session
Member price: $275.00 | Non member price $550.00
Member price: $295.00 | Non member price $560.00
Online: Visit the CBA Webinar Catalog
Mail: Click here and mail completed form with check payable to ConferenceEdge to: (Mail at least 10 days prior to event)
1516 Xavier St., Ste 500, Denver, CO 80204
Phone: Call ConferenceEdge at (877) 988-7526 (credit card payments only)
- Preferred Payment Method: Online
- Please register online or by phone when paying with a credit card
- Payment Must Accompany Registration – Invoices are Not Provided
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.