What to Do When a Customer Dies
Ironically when a financial institution finds out that a deposit or loan customer has died, confusion and dread seem to be the normal reaction.
This two-hour webinar will walk you through the complicated process of dealing with a customer’s death, both on the deposit and loan side; as well as the unique issues of dong business with the decedent’s estate.
- What documents are required upon the death of an individual?
- What actions should the financial institution take on deposit accounts owned by the decedent?
- How does the financial institution deal with the decedent’s estate?
- What does the financial institution do if there is not an estate?
- What happens if the decedent had a safe deposit box?
- How should the financial institution handle “death” as a default on a loan?
- What does every lender need to know about doing business with the borrower’s estate?
- What steps can a financial institution take to protect its collateral after the borrower has died?
- How does the financial institution handle issues of guarantors, setoff and insurance once the borrower has died?
- How does the death of a key person affect the borrowings of Corporations, Partnerships, Limited Liability Companies, Trusts and other legal entities?
New account representatives, personal bankers, CSR’s, lenders and loan operations will all find this seminar very beneficial.
Terri D. Thomas is Senior VP and Legal Department Director for the Kansas Bankers Association. Prior to this, she was with “Bankers Choice,” a financial consulting firm. Before this, Terri was employed in the financial industry for over twenty-three years in various capacities. Most notably, she served for fourteen years as in-house legal counsel and trust officer for Bank of America and its Kansas predecessors. Receiving her Bachelor of Arts degree from Kansas State University in 1985, Terri continued her education at Washburn University School of Law and obtained her Juris Doctor in 1988.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2.5 hrs. CCSR and CPB
Either Live or 6-Month On-Demand Webinar: $255
Both Live and 6-Month On-Demand Webinar: $355
Online: Click here.
Phone: Call Total Training Solutions at (800) 831-0678
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.