Welcome to the New World of HMDA
New final amendments modify the types of institutions and transactions subject to Regulation C, data collection requirements and the processes for reporting and disclosing data.
This program provides a thorough review of the revisions.
The world of HMDA is changing in a dramatic fashion. On October 13, 2015, the CFPB published 797 pages of final rules to implement changes required by the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act and changes from the CFPB intended to modernize and simplify the reporting requirements. The final rules are generally effective on January 1, 2018. The final amendments to Regulation C modify the types of institutions and transactions subject to the regulation, the types of data that institutions are required to collect and the processes for reporting and disclosing the required data.
This program provides:
- A thorough explanation of which institutions are covered by HMDA and Regulation C, including new uniform loan-volume thresholds for depository and nondepository institutions.
- A review of which loans are and are not reportable.
- Detailed information on how to complete the LAR. The reportable fields of data, expanded from 26 to 53 fields.
- Information regarding amendments related to the collection of ethnicity, race and sex of applicants and borrowers, including 15 new subcategories for transactions where ethnicity and race information is provided by the applicant or borrower.
- Detail on the data submission and public availability requirements
This program provides a thorough review of the new requirements of Regulation C. Participants receive a detailed manual that serves as a handbook long after the program is completed.
Loan officers, compliance officers, loan processors and clerks and auditors. Whether new to the requirements of HMDA and Regulation C or a seasoned veteran, this program provides a comprehensive introduction to the new world of revised HMDA and Regulation C.
Jack Holzknecht, CRCM, is the CEO of Compliance Resource, LLC. He has been delivering the word on lending compliance for 39 years. Jack’s career began as a federal bank examiner. He also headed the form and software division of a regional consulting company. He has developed and presented training programs to bankers in 43 states. He also developed and delivered training for the FDIC.
Kelly M. Owsley, CRCM, is Director of Training Services for Compliance Resource, LLC. Since 2000, she has worked for financial institutions ranging in asset size from $250 million to $3 billion. Kelly has worked in branch management, lending, product development and training. Recently, she served as VP of Compliance for a community bank where she was responsible for implementing and training all compliance related topics.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2 hours/session
Member price: $275.00 | Non member price $550.00
Member price: $295.00 | Non member price $560.00
Online: Visit the CBA Webinar Catalog
Mail: Click here and mail completed form with check payable to ConferenceEdge to: (Mail at least 10 days prior to event)
1516 Xavier St., Ste 500, Denver, CO 80204
Phone: Call ConferenceEdge at (877) 988-7526 (credit card payments only)
- Preferred Payment Method: Online
- Please register online or by phone when paying with a credit card
- Payment Must Accompany Registration – Invoices are Not Provided
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.