W-9, W-8BEN & W-8BENE
Learn step-by step how to complete each part of these forms, including common reporting errors and how to avoid them.
This is a line-by-line review of the IRS withholding agent forms that we complete during the new account opening process for our customers.
You will learn how to complete each part of these forms and what the reporting consequences of errors are with the IRS for your financial institutions.
- Who is a U.S. Person?
- Who gets an SSN, EIN and ITIN?
- How does the IRS communicate errors to us?
- What is a disregarded entity?
- How do we tax report a sole proprietor?
- Who can sign the W-9 for the business or entity?
- What happens if we do not have a TIN?
- When does the IRS fine us and how for incorrect names?
- How to complete the W-8BEN and W-8BENE
- What is a tax home for Nonresident Alien?
- 1099 Int and 1042S Interest reporting issues
- What codes/boxes do we complete on a 1042S?
- Common reporting errors
- And much much more
Deposit operations, compliance, new accounts, branch administration, training, branch managers and all deposit side personnel who deal with signature cards and withholding.
Deborah Crawford is the President of gettechnical inc, a Baton Rouge-based firm, specializing in the education of financial institutions across the nation. Her 27+ years of experience began at Hibernia National Bank in New Orleans. She graduated from Louisiana State University with both her bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Debbie specializes in the education of financial institution employees and officers in the area of deposit account laws, new account documentation, insurance, complex compliance regulations and IRAs.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2 hours/session
Member price: $275.00 | Non member price $550.00
Member price: $295.00 | Non member price $560.00
Online: Visit the CBA Webinar Catalog
Mail: Click here and mail completed form with check payable to ConferenceEdge to: (Mail at least 10 days prior to event)
1516 Xavier St., Ste 500, Denver, CO 80204
Phone: Call ConferenceEdge at (877) 988-7526 (credit card payments only)
- Preferred Payment Method: Online
- Please register online or by phone when paying with a credit card
- Payment Must Accompany Registration – Invoices are Not Provided
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.