W-9, W-8BEN and W-8BEN-E
Our job as a withholding agent for the IRS is more complicated than ever.
With new FATCA rules going into effect in 2015, establishing the customer as a US Person and having them sign a more complicated W-9 is a difficult process. Not to mention the W-8BEN and W-8BENE.
We will look at the name control match process, the IRS CP2100 process, how your institution may begin back up withholding, and many other issues. Learn how to get the forms right at new accounts so the IRS reporting is correct and in compliance.
- Line by line review of the W-9
- Why there are four different options for an LLC
- Exemption codes on the W-9 and FATCA exemption codes
- What are the exemption codes for corporations, public funds, IRAs?
- SSNs, ITINs and EINs – who needs what
- IRS reporting on the 1099 Int and the 1042S
- What happens when name and TIN do not match? B notices and fines
- How does the IRS set up name control files?
- Line by Line Instruction on the new W8BEN and W-8BEN E
- Does a NRA have to have a foreign taxpayer identification number?
- What is a nonresident alien? What if there is no country address?
- Basic understanding of FATCA and how it impacts your organization
- Documenting GIIN for foreign financial institutions
Deposit operations, deposit compliance, new accounts, bookkeeping, IRS reporting specialists, and any person who opens accounts or reports interest to the IRS
Deborah Crawford is the President of Gettechnical Inc., a Virginia based training company. She specializes in the deposit side of the financial institution and is an instructor on IRAs, BSA, Deposit Regulations and opening account procedures. She was formerly with Hibernia National Bank (now Capital One) and has bachelor’s and master’s degrees from Louisiana State University. She has 27 years of combined teaching and banking experience.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2.5 CE Credits
- Live Webinar which includes 5 Day On-Demand - $265
- Six Month On-Demand – $295
- Live plus Six Month On-Demand – $365
- CD-ROM (Includes Six Month On-Demand) – $325
- Premier (Includes all options) – $395
- Additional Locations – $75
Online: Click here.
Phone: Call Total Training Solutions at (800) 831-0678
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.