Vital Check and Deposit Issues – A Deeper Dive
During our first webinar in March we had so many questions after the program that we added a second session.
In this webinar, we will continue to delve into common questions and answers that your frontline has about checks and deposits. This program is a deeper dive. You will also have time to get your questions to us before the program so they will be addressed in the presentation plus there will be ample time for further discussion during the two hour webinar.
Before the webinar, submit your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org and your speaker will answer those questions during the course of the presentation.
Questions We Will Answer
- How do we make out a check when we close an UTMA?
- Can we maintenance an account from a UTMA to a joint account?
- Can you have an authorized signer on a UTMA account?
- Can a representative payee account be joint?
- Can a VA account be joint?
- What do we do if the beneficiary of a representative payee account dies?
- Can a sole proprietor cash checks made payable to a business?
- Can a business deposit checks from one business into another business?
- Can we give less cash on any business checks?
- What happens on a POD if a beneficiary dies?
- Can we take personal checks into business accounts?
- If a check is made payable to a trust can it go into the trustee’s personal account?
- Can a check made payable to a trustee go into a trust account?
- Can we remove a joint owner from an account?
- Can we allow an authorized signer a debit card?
- Can we allow a POA on a joint account?
- Can we refuse a POA?
- Are there transactions a POA should not make?
- And many more
This webinar will benefit new accounts representatives, customer service representatives, branch managers, branch administration, compliance and anyone who works with deposit signature cards.
Deborah Crawford is the President of Gettechnical Inc., a Virginia based training company. She specializes in the deposit side of the financial institution and is an instructor on IRAs, BSA, Deposit Regulations and opening account procedures. She was formerly with Hibernia National Bank (now Capital One) and has bachelor’s and master’s degrees from Louisiana State University. She has 27 years of combined teaching and banking experience.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2.5 CE Credits
- Live Webinar which includes 5 Day On-Demand - $265
- Six Month On-Demand – $295
- Live plus Six Month On-Demand – $365
- CD-ROM (Includes Six Month On-Demand) – $345
- Premier (Includes all options) – $395
- Additional Locations – $75
Online: Click here.
Phone: Call Total Training Solutions at (800) 831-0678
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.