Understanding & Using Personal & Business Tax Returns
Tax returns can be a significant source of helpful information once the format, content and purpose of the many forms and schedules are understood.
This fast-paced seminar will help both consumer and commercial lenders better understand and use personal and business tax return information to make better, more confident loan decisions.
- The difference between IRS tax return and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- The most important questions to ask about tax returns for individuals, corporations and partnerships
- Case study regarding Form 1040 and supporting schedules
- Developing cash flow from a personal tax return
- Evaluating a company’s earnings and financial condition using a tax return
- Limitations regarding the use of tax returns
- Easy-to-use forms/worksheets
The series is taught at the basic level; however, it is appropriate for new and experienced personnel. Consumer and commercial lenders, credit analysts, loan review and department managers will benefit.
Bob Ullom, a CPA and nationally known banking educator, brings over 30 years lending and bank management experience to his lively sessions which maximize student involvement and learning by encouraging participation and interaction. As founding President/CEO of two start-up banks, Bob led both banks to profitable, sound status. He currently provides training on a nationwide basis in more than 35 states.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit aba.com/icb/membercereview for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2 hours CLBB/CPB per session.
Member price: $265.00 | Non member price $530.00
Member price: $280.00 | Non member price $560.00
Online: Visit the CBA Webinar Catalog
Mail: Click here and mail completed form with check payable to ConferenceEdge to: (Mail at least 10 days prior to event)
4434 W. 29th St., Denver, CO 80212
Phone: Call ConferenceEdge at (877) 988-7526 (credit card payments only)
- Preferred Payment Method: Online
- Please register online or by phone when paying with a credit card
- Payment Must Accompany Registration – Invoices are Not Provided
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.