Understanding Commercial Loan Documentation
We'll explore in detail the various documents typically found in a commercial loan transaction and their legal impact on the relationship between the bank and its borrowers and guarantors.
What You Will Learn
- What areas of the law impact commercial lending?
- What are the “fundamental” documents in a commercial loan transaction?
- What is the difference between term sheets and commitment letters?
- What documents are unique to real estate lending?
- Which documents are used in asset based financing?
- How are letters of credit documented?
- What are loan participation agreements?
- What are mortgage spreaders? Mortgage assumptions? Future advances?
- How can we minimize mistakes in loan documentation?
- And much more!
Lenders, credit officers, document preparation specialists, loan booking specialists and other bankers involved in the lending process. Particularly useful for bankers who deal directly with borrowers and are frequently presented with questions at closings about various loan documents. While the emphasis is on commercial loans, those involved in residential lending will also benefit, as many of the documents and concepts discussed are applicable to both types of loan transactions. The course is appropriate for entry level bankers, as well as those having more experience – but who may be in need of a review.
Douglas Waldorf is a shareholder with Rogers Towers, P.A. and manages the firm’s offices in Southwest Florida. He is a member of Rogers Towers’ Banking and Financial Services Practice Group and its Real Estate Department. A Florida Bar Board Certified Real Estate Attorney, Mr. Waldorf’s practice focuses on serving banking industry clients in all aspects of commercial and residential financing transactions as well as in mortgage foreclosures, deeds in lieu of foreclosure, forbearance agreements and other matters related to defaulted loan workouts and collection. He has more than 25 years’ experience in representing lenders including nearly 12 years as in house counsel for SunTrust Bank in Southwest Florida.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2.5 CE Credits
- Live Webinar which includes 5 Day On-Demand - $265
- Six Month On-Demand – $295
- Live plus Six Month On-Demand – $365
- CD-ROM (Includes Six Month On-Demand) – $325
- Premier (Includes all options) – $395
- Additional Locations – $75
Online: Click here.
Phone: Call Total Training Solutions at (800) 831-0678
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.