UDAAP for the Board
What topics does your regulator expect will have been covered in training sessions for the Board of Directors? Do any of the regulations “require” annual or periodic training?
This session covers one of the “hottest” compliance topics; UDAAP (Unfair, Deceptive or Abusive Acts or Practices) violations that have been the source for costly enforcement actions. Examiners have incorporated UDAAP into deposit exam procedures for overdraft and deposit account reward programs and vendor management issues for products ranging from credit cards “add-on” services to complaints on social media.
- The definition of UDAP and UDAAP , including examples of the standards for “unfair”, “deceptive” and “abusive” acts or practices
- Learn five KEY points for UDAAP compliance to help avoid fines
- What should the board know about the CFPB complaint “process”? What do your “frontline” employees need to know about UDAAP and handling complaints?
- Board oversight for managing Third Party Risks and UDAAP
- Helpful UDAAP compliance resources and regulatory guidance, including FDIC Abusive Practices – Third Party Procedures; there are NEW exam procedures for “Evaluating Consumer Harm”
- BONUS – Attendees will receive a template for a Complaint Policy, Procedures and tracking form in WORD that can be modified for your financial institution.
This webinar will benefit Board members, Compliance Officers, Risk Managers, Senior Management, Branch Managers, Call Center Managers, Loan & Deposit Operation Managers, Marketing staff, and Product Development specialists.
Susan Costonis is a compliance consultant and trainer. She frequently provides consulting services to financial institutions regarding fair lending and other compliance management issues. Her 36 year career in banking and training began with 20 years at First National Bank, an affiliate of Wells Fargo Bank, in Fort Collins, CO. Susan has been a bank compliance consultant or compliance officer in Louisiana since 1998.
During her career, Susan has successfully managed compliance programs and exams for institutions supervised by the OCC, FDIC, and Federal Reserve. She is a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager and completed the ABA Graduate Compliance School and the Graduate Banking School of the University of Colorado. Susan regularly presents seminars to financial associations.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2.5 CE Credits.
Either Live or 6-Month On-Demand Webinar: $255
Both Live and 6-Month On-Demand Webinar: $355
Online: Click here.
Phone: Call Total Training Solutions at (800) 831-0678
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.