Troubled Debt Restructuring Mandatory 2-part program 10/18 & 10/25
Learn how to better manage "troubled debt" and protect the rights of the bank in today's economy, including outside influence from the banking regulators.
This webinar begins with a review of the basics of how a commercial loan request should be processed in today’s market including analyzing the correct business structure, the six elements of proper loan structure and the four aspects of adequate loan support.
We will then focus on what happens when a good loan turns into a troubled or bad loan. What should the bank do and not do at this point in time?
We will also address the legal rights of the bank and the practical steps that the bank should take in order to protect itself when dealing with troubled debt. This will include the collection process, loan restructuring scenarios and/or proceeding against the borrower through repossession, foreclosure, filing a lawsuit to obtain a judgment, forcing the borrower into bankruptcy or simply walking away. This also includes the outside influence from the banking regulators.
- Review the management of troubled debt
- Process a commercial loan in today’s market using correct business structure, loan structure and loan support
- Determine the bank’s strategy in protecting itself when dealing with troubled debt -collections, restructuring the loan, repossession, foreclosure, filing a law suit to obtain a judgment forcing the borrower into bankruptcy and/or walking away
- Assess outside influence by the banking regulators
- Apply the concepts through case studies
Commercial lenders, credit analysts, loan documentation specialists, branch managers, assistant branch managers, private bankers, business development officers, compliance officers and auditors.
David L. Osburn, CPA, CCRA, NACM, is the founder of Osburn & Associates, LLC, a business training and contract CFO firm that provides seminars, webinars and speeches for bankers, CPAs, attorneys, credit managers and business owners on banking/finance/credit, negotiation skills, marketing and management issues. His extensive professional background includes 14 years as a business trainer/contract CFO and 16 years as a commercial lender. His banking credentials include loan underwriting, work-out, management and business development. Mr. Osburn has been an adjunct college professor (MBA and undergraduate courses) for 29 years.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2 hours/session
Member price: $525.00 | Non member price $1050.00
Member price: $565.00 | Non member price $1130.00
Online: Visit the CBA Webinar Catalog
Phone: Call ConferenceEdge at (877) 988-7526 (credit card payments only)
- Preferred Payment Method: Online
- Please register online or by phone when paying with a credit card
- Payment Must Accompany Registration – Invoices are Not Provided
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.