TRID Review and Update
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) published the final rule to implement the integrated disclosures (TRID) on November 20, 2013. The final rule was effective on October 3, 2015.
After much industry confusion and concern regarding elements of the regulation, the CFPB released a proposal to update the TRID regulation in July 2016. While it did provide guidance on where the CFPB was headed in their thought process it was still a proposal that we couldn’t rely upon until finalized. That day has finally come! We received the final TRID Amendment on July 7, 2017.
This program provides a thorough review of the TRID amendments to ensure your financial institution can:
- Take advantage of the newly clarified provisions within 60 days of the publication of the final TRID amendment; which is expected soon, maybe as soon as October 1, 2017; and
- Comply by the mandatory compliance date of October 1, 2018.
While many bankers feel that they may have finally mastered the TRID disclosures, these amendments will require change yet again. This two-hour program provides a review of the existing rules with emphasis on the final amendments that will be mandatory beginning October 1, 2018 but will be available for use as soon as 60 days from publication in the Federal Register. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to get a jump start on TRID changes!
Participants receive a detailed manual that serves as a handbook long after the program is completed.
This two-hour webinar reviews the essential information from the existing final rule and how the amendments will impact that rule, including:
- Creating tolerance requirements for the total of payments;
- Providing guidance on sharing disclosures with various parties involved in the mortgage origination process;
- Detailed guidance on how to disclose construction loans;
- How to disclose simultaneous subordinate lien loans;
- Accurately disclosing the Calculating Cash to Close table;
- Tolerance requirements for charges paid to an affiliate;
- Clarification on when and how to disclose a rate lock;
- Proper disclosure of lender and seller credits; and
- So much more.
This program is designed for mortgage loan department managers, compliance officers, loan officers, auditors and others with responsibilities for preparing, delivering or auditing TRID disclosures.
Jack Holzknecht is the CEO of Compliance Resource, LLC. He has been delivering the word on lending compliance for 41 years. In 36 years as a trainer over 130,000 bankers (and many examiners) have participated in Jack’s live seminars and webinars. Jack’s career began in 1976 as a federal bank examiner. He later headed the product and education divisions of a regional consulting company. There he developed loan and deposit form systems and software. He also developed and presented training programs to bankers in 43 states. Jack has been an instructor at compliance schools presented by several state bankers associations. As a contractor, he developed and delivered compliance training for the FDIC for ten years. He is a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager and a member of the National Speakers Association.
Kelly M. Owsley is Director of Training Services for Compliance Resource, LLC. Kelly’s career in banking began in 2000. Since then she has worked for financial institutions ranging in asset size from $250 million to $3 billion. Kelly has worked in numerous areas of the financial services industry including retail branch management, lending, product development and training. In addition, Kelly spent three years in a training and development role with CUNA Mutual Group servicing the largest credit union in the United States. Most recently, she served as the Vice President of Compliance, BSA Officer, and CRA Officer for a community bank where she was responsible for implementing and training all compliance related topics. Kelly has conducted seminars in multiple states and has participated in numerous webinars sponsored by national providers. She is a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2.5 CE Credits
- Live Webinar which includes 5 Day On-Demand - $265
- Six Month On-Demand – $295
- CD-ROM (Includes 6 Month On-Demand) – $345
- Live plus Six Month On-Demand – $365
- Premier (Includes all options) – $395
- Additional Locations – $75
Online: Click here.
Phone: Call Total Training Solutions at (800) 831-0678
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.