TRID Mid-Course Corrections
The industry is still struggling to understand the TILA/RESPA Integrated Disclosure (TRID) rules.
The recent proposed regulations provide much needed clarity. This two-hour program reviews and explains the massive proposal.
In late July the CFPB published almost 300 pages of proposed TRID revisions. Normally we wait for the final regulations to schedule training; however, there are many unanswered questions and bankers are desperate for answers. Instead of making decisions based on pure speculation, these proposals provide a strong indication of where the CFPB is headed. It is the most reliable guidance available. The proposal memorializes certain past informal guidance and makes additional clarifications and technical amendments for dozens of areas.
Major proposed provisions affect:
* Affiliate charges;
* Calculating cash to close table;
* Construction loans;
* Decimal places and rounding;
* Escrow account disclosures and cancellation notices;
* Expiration dates for the closing costs on the Loan Estimate;
* Gift funds;
* The “In 5 Years” calculation;
* Lender and seller credits;
* Lenders’ and settlement agents’ respective responsibilities;
* The list of service providers;
* Model forms;
* Non-obligor consumers;
* Partial payment policy disclosures;
* Payment ranges on the projected payments table;
* The payoffs and payments table;
* Payoffs with a purchase loan;
* Post-consummation fees;
* Principal reduction (principal curtailment);
* Disclosure and good faith determination of property taxes and value;
* Rate locks;
* Recording fees;
* Simultaneous second lien loans;
* The summaries of transactions table;
* The total interest percentage calculation; and
loan officers, compliance officers, loan processors, auditors and anyone else with responsibilities related to TRID loans.
Jack Holzknecht, CRCM, is the CEO of Compliance Resource, LLC. He has been delivering the word on lending compliance for 39 years. Jack’s career began as a federal bank examiner. He also headed the form and software division of a regional consulting company. He has developed and delivered training programs to bankers in 43 states as well as the FDIC.
Kelly M. Owsley, CRCM, is Director of Training Services for Compliance Resource, LLC. Since 2000, she has worked for financial institutions ranging from $250 million to $3 billion in assets. Kelly has worked in branch management, lending, product development and training. Recently, she was responsible for implementing and training all compliance related topics for a community bank.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2 hours/session
Member price: $275.00 | Non member price $550.00
Member price: $295.00 | Non member price $590.00
Online: Visit the CBA Webinar Catalog
Phone: Call ConferenceEdge at (877) 988-7526 (credit card payments only)
- Preferred Payment Method: Online
- Please register online or by phone when paying with a credit card
- Payment Must Accompany Registration – Invoices are Not Provided
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.