Top Ten Mistakes on Deposit Compliance Exams
What are the do's and don'ts for the deposit regulation in 2014-2015?
Deposit compliance has become more complicated with oversight of the CFPB (Consumer Financial Protection Bureau). Will examiners find any of the practices in the deposit products your financial institution offers to be unfair, abusive or deceptive (any of these issues may be the basis for a UDAAP violation)? Do your frontline employees know how to handle all customer inquiries and complaints? Do your frontline employees understand how federal laws impact the opening of an account? Learn about deposit compliance “hot spots” from recent enforcement actions and exam findings.
- Do’s and don’ts for the deposit regulation in 2014-2015
- The top 10 mistakes in Deposit Compliance exams and other “hot buttons”
- Best practices for Deposit Compliance
- Review of required compliance training issues in the operations side of the bank
- Truth in Savings and Reg DD – Overview of disclosure requirements and common mistakes
- Reg D Reserve Requirements – NOW account eligibility, transaction limits, and CD withdrawal penalties
- UDAAP – BONUS! Participants will receive a sample Complaint Policy. Learn how to complete a UDAAP product review, understand customer suitability and UDAAP “hot spots” for compliance exams
- Regulation E (Electronic Fund Transfer Act) – Handling error resolution for unauthorized transactions, common errors, disclosure requirements
- How are examiners evaluating Overdraft Protection programs? Will your ODP program pass the test?
- Red Flags for Identity Theft and the annual training requirement for the FCRA (Fair Credit Reporting Act)
This webinar will benefit Compliance Officers, Risk Managers, Senior Management, Branch Managers, Deposit Operation Managers, Customer Service, and New Account Personnel.
Susan Costonis is a compliance consultant and trainer. She frequently provides consulting services to financial institutions regarding fair lending and other compliance management issues. Her 36 year career in banking and training began with 20 years at First National Bank, an affiliate of Wells Fargo Bank, in Fort Collins, CO. Susan has been a bank compliance consultant or compliance officer in Louisiana since 1998.
During her career, Susan has successfully managed compliance programs and exams for institutions supervised by the OCC, FDIC, and Federal Reserve. She is a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager and completed the ABA Graduate Compliance School and the Graduate Banking School of the University of Colorado. Susan regularly presents seminars to financial associations.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2.5 CE Credits
Either Live or 6-Month On-Demand Webinar: $255
Both Live and 6-Month On-Demand Webinar: $355
Premier Package – Live session, OnDemand Weblink, and CD-ROM plus Hardcopy Handouts: $395
Online: Click here.
Phone: Call Total Training Solutions at (800) 831-0678
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.