The Top 10 Mistakes Part 2 – Appraisal Compliance
Two hour tele-web seminar July 26, 2012
The new program will help bankers improve their ability to comply with current appraisal regulations, especially in light of the December 2010 changes in Appraisal Guidelines.
This tele-web seminar will begin on Thursday, July 26, 2012 at 11:30 AM to 1:30 PM Pacific Time.
The new program will help bankers improve their ability to comply with current appraisal regulations, especially in light of the December 2010 changes in Appraisal Guidelines. Appraisal compliance issues cannot not be solved with a “one size fits all” approach. In fact, appraisal regulations and compliance are much more about safety and soundness than they are about detailed and specific mandates often required by other regulations. The program brings focus to key points of interest gained by the speaker’s 22 years experience teaching appraisal regulations.
- Developing a proper perspective on regulatory requirements;
- Developing and drafting your bank’s appraisal policies;
- Understanding new Guideline content;
- Critical requirement of separation of duties between the appraisal and lending functions;
- Appropriate information banks can provide an appraiser;
- Understanding what makes a “good” comp;
- Development and operation of your approved appraiser list;
- Accessing and providing training to implement your policies;
- Reviewing an evaluation (loan under $250,000);
- Use of borrower provided information.
All bankers, regardless of title or position, who need to understand current appraisal regulations, develop and lead policy consideration and change, and/or are looking for ways to make the appraisal process more efficient and cost effective.
Seminar leader Bob Ullom, CPA and nationally known banking educator, brings his 40+ years of experience and teaching to this fast moving program. Bob has been president and CEO of two start-up banks and led both to sound profitable status.
2.0 total credits
Member price: $250.00 | Non member price $500.00