The Top 10 Mistakes in Appraisal Compliance
Learn the essentials of CRE lending from a review of the current market to the underwriting and approval process.
This program also covers documentation, closing and monitoring issues, problem loan situations, marketing CRE loans and more.
This program will help bankers deal with appraisal compliance issues, plus reviewing and interpreting commercial real estate (CRE) appraisals. Lenders and credit analysts that work with CRE loans will also benefit. The speaker has been involved with CRE appraisals throughout his 22-year banking career, plus actively training bankers on CRE appraisals for since 2006.
The top 10 mistakes includes:
- Not understanding that the purpose of an appraisal review is not to make regulators happy – there is a clear need, based on sound lending
- Not utilizing the regulatory “invitation” to have different levels of review, or a “risk-focused” process
- Not making the selection and engagement of the appraiser a bid process
- Not developing an appraisal database as an automatic outcome of most reviews, including residential
- Letting the residential mindset cloud your evaluation of commercial comparable sales
- Not having a procedure or policy for handling appraisal mistakes or unsatisfactory appraisals
Target audience is bankers involved with appraisal ordering and review, plus business and commercial lenders, credit analysts and underwriters, plus other members of the CRE lending team, regardless of experience level.
Speaker Richard Hamm has been training bankers for more than 24 years, specializing in all phases of commercial lending and credit, including portfolio and risk management, commercial real estate and appraisals, plus selling and negotiating skills. He owns/operates Advantage Consulting & Training after a 22-year banking career including senior positions in lending and credit.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2 hours/session
Member price: $275.00 | Non member price $550.00
Member price: $295.00 | Non member price $560.00
Online: Visit the CBA Webinar Catalog
Mail: Click here and mail completed form with check payable to ConferenceEdge to: (Mail at least 10 days prior to event)
1516 Xavier St., Ste 500, Denver, CO 80204
Phone: Call ConferenceEdge at (877) 988-7526 (credit card payments only)
- Preferred Payment Method: Online
- Please register online or by phone when paying with a credit card
- Payment Must Accompany Registration – Invoices are Not Provided
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.