Three Key Risk Assessments in Your ERM Program – ERM, IT, and Internal Controls
Financial Institutions provide great value to the American economy. But that value comes with risks.
Strategic-minded institutions do not strive to eliminate risk or even to minimize it – they strive to manage risk at the enterprise-wide level. These institutions seek to manage risk exposure so that, at any given time, they incur just enough of the right kind of risk – no more, no less – to effectively pursue their strategic goals. This is referred to as “Optimal Risk-Taking.”
This webinar will first take you through a step-by-step process to develop strong Risk Assessments to address key areas of your institution. Then the presenter will specifically focus on three key Risk Assessments you must have as critical components of your ERM Program: the Enterprise Risk Management Risk Assessment, Information Technology Risk Assessment, and the Internal Controls Risk Assessment. You will walk away with practical tools and examples you can implement in your organization immediately.
This webinar is for participants who have a basic foundational knowledge of Enterprise Risk Management and are looking for specific examples on how to complete these three important Risk Assessments.
- Part I:
- ERM quick overview of key definitions
- Three Key Phases of ERM and how Risk Assessments fit in
- The Risk Assessment Process
- Risk Assessment System (RAS)
- CAMELS Rating and How They Relate to Risk Assessments
- Top 8 Risks and Other Important Risks to Assess
- Annual Risk Assessments recommended and Areas Assessed
- ERM Risk Assessment Matrix – Will complete several of the major risks
- Part II:
- Information Technology areas that need to be assessed
- Information Technology Risk Assessment
- Categories Included
- Complete example of the IT Risk Assessment using Template
- Part III:
- Internal Controls Risk Assessment
- List of Areas Assessed
- Categories included
- Complete example of several Areas Assessed using Internal Controls Risk Assessment Template
- Internal Controls Risk Assessment
This informative session is designed for Risk Managers, Chief Risk Officers, Compliance Officers, Chief Operating Officer, Chief Credit Officer, Internal Auditors, and the entire risk management team. Also, Board Directors who want to learn more about ERM and Risk Assessments, and Bank Presidents involved in the risk management process and their ERM program
Marci Malzahn is the president and founder of Malzahn Strategic, a community bank consultancy focused on strategic planning, enterprise risk management, and talent management. Marci has 23 years of banking experience, the last ten as the EVP/CFO/COO of a community bank she helped start where she oversaw all the bank operations areas, including finance, IT, compliance, internal audit, deposit/loan operations, office management, risk management, and HR. In her last year as EVP/COO/CRO, Marci created and focused on the bank’s risk management program. She was also the corporate secretary of both the holding company and the bank.
Before starting the bank in 2005, Marci took a detour from banking for five years and worked for a $34 million revenue non-profit organization where she led IT, HR and Finance. Marci’s extensive experience in banking infrastructure and her passion to help other banks succeed led her to found Malzahn Strategic in 2014.
Marci is the recipient of a number of professional awards, is a published author of three books, and an international bilingual public speaker, speaking frequently at banking conferences and associations. Marci holds a B.A. in business management from Bethel University and is a graduate of the Graduate School of Banking in Madison, Wisconsin.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2.5 CE Credits
- Live Webinar which includes 5 Day On-Demand - $265
- Six Month On-Demand – $295
- Live plus Six Month On-Demand – $365
- CD-ROM (Includes Six Month On-Demand) – $345
- Premier (Includes all options) – $395
- Additional Locations – $75
Online: Click here.
Phone: Call Total Training Solutions at (800) 831-0678
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.