Teller Compliance Issues: CTRs, Reg CC and Checks
UCC 3 & 4, Regulation CC (Availability of Funds and Collection of Checks) and CTRs (Currency Transaction Reports) are the big three compliance areas for tellers which require training.
These statutes and regulations form the back bone of the teller job.
You will learn endorsements, stop payment orders, death issues and stale dated/postdated check laws. You will also receive annual training on placing holds and giving out new account disclosures under Regulation CC. And to cap it off we will look at the CTR and how to complete the electronic form.
What You Will Learn
- Types of endorsements
- Simple teller rules to stop losses
- Legal issues on checks: Stop payments, stale dated, postdated checks
- When do we know the account holder has died
- How to place holds
- When to place holds
- Forms, problems and more on Reg CC
- CTR line by line for tellers
Tellers, Head Tellers, Teller Supervisors, Training, Branch Managers and Branch Operations.
Deborah Crawford is the President of Gettechnical Inc., a Virginia based training company. She specializes in the deposit side of the financial institution and is an instructor on IRAs, BSA, Deposit Regulations and opening account procedures. She was formerly with Hibernia National Bank (now Capital One) and has bachelor’s and master’s degrees from Louisiana State University. She has 27 years of combined teaching and banking experience.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2.5 CE Credits
- Live Webinar which includes 5 Day On-Demand - $265
- Six Month On-Demand – $295
- Live plus Six Month On-Demand – $365
- CD-ROM (Includes Six Month On-Demand) – $325
- Premier (Includes all options) – $395
- Additional Locations – $75
Online: Click here.
Phone: Call Total Training Solutions at (800) 831-0678
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.