Supervisory Skills Workshop: Part 1 – Now You’re the Supervisor!
Learn proven techniques for supervisors, coaches and team leaders that motivate and maximize performance.
If you need others to take direction from you in order to succeed, you will find this program of tremendous value. It focuses on the techniques and strategies you need to handle your responsibilities successfully while increasing personal job satisfaction. Supervisors must master the art of juggling – staff, schedules, meetings, compliance, goals, deadlines, on-going training needs, serving as a back-up for the employee that didn’t come in…the list goes on and on. We’ll discuss how to keep all the balls in the air without breaking a sweat.
- Acknowledge Your New Role – Embrace the challenge of moving from team member to supervisor. Learn the value of boundaries. Doing so will help you find balance between your need for approval and the larger need for meeting team and company goals.
- Plan and Prioritize – Your primary job is to make sure that everything that needs to get done gets done. Planning, prioritizing and assigning the right tasks to the right people is the key to everyone’s success.
- Be Accessible – Walk around your department so you can see and hear what is going on. It’s a great way take advantage of “coachable moments”. Establish routine coaching appointments to create consistent, timely accessibility.
- Encourage Teamwork – Foster input from team members and demonstrate how the success of one benefits everyone and positively impacts the entire organization.
- Communicate Upward and Downward – Let your team in on the reasons behind decisions; listen and share their input and concerns. This will ensure a happier, more productive workplace.
- Delegate – Delegating not only helps you manage your workload, it helps your team develop skills and become more self-supervising.
- Discipline Effectively – When it comes to performance, be specific. Let your staff see how their actions impact the team and the organization.
Everyone in your organization with the responsibility to supervise, lead, develop and manage others, or anyone being considered for a supervisory position.
Honey Shelton, InterAction Training
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2.5 hrs./session CRCM/CLBB/CBT/CCSR . Applied: HRCI credit
Member price: $265.00 | Non member price $530.00
Member price: $280.00 | Non member price $560.00
Online: Visit the CBA Webinar Catalog
Mail: Click here and mail completed form with check payable to ConferenceEdge to: (Mail at least 10 days prior to event)
1516 Xavier St., Ste 500, Denver, CO 80204
Phone: Call ConferenceEdge at (877) 988-7526 (credit card payments only)
- Preferred Payment Method: Online
- Please register online or by phone when paying with a credit card
- Payment Must Accompany Registration – Invoices are Not Provided
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.