SSNs, EINs, and ITINs: Understanding Your Job as a Withholding Agent
This webinar will assist new accounts representatives in opening accounts and documenting the tax status.
As a withholding agent of the U.S, your financial institution has an important role in back up withholding and identifying taxpayer identification numbers.
It’s one of your most important roles and must be handled properly at account opening.
- Three types of social security numbers: Who gets what?
- What is an ITIN? Who gets those?
- How customers move from ITIN to SSN
- When ITINs should be revoked
- Social security number randomization
- How the IRS matches taxpayer identification numbers
- When do you use SSN, and when do you use EIN?
- What to do if customer does not have TIN
- Completing the substitute W-9 on signature card
- Completing the W-8BEN for nonresident aliens
- Sole proprietorships, changing marital status, Hispanic names and other common errors
New Accounts representatives, Branch managers, Branch operations, Training, Compliance and all branch support staff
Deborah Crawford is the President of gettechnical inc. She specializes in compliance and regulations for the deposit side of financial institutions. Her 20+ year career in banking and training began at Hibernia National Bank. She has been a seminar leader for many state associations and credit union groups across the nation. She has Bachelors and Masters degrees from Louisiana State University.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2.5 CE Credits
- Live Webinar which includes 5 Day On-Demand - $265
- Six Month On-Demand – $295
- Live plus Six Month On-Demand – $365
- CD-ROM (Includes Six Month On-Demand) – $325
- Premier (Includes all options) – $395
- Additional Locations – $75
Online: Click here.
Phone: Call Total Training Solutions at (800) 831-0678
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.