Signature Cards and Account Agreements: Understanding Account Titling, Ownership and Access
This program is an A-Z on account ownership and documentation.
We’ll go from single party accounts to more complex business accounts. It is a must for anyone who opens or manages new accounts.
Your financial institution’s signature card, documentation and authority procedures can create big liability if you don’t understand the type of ownership and the checks that go with these accounts.
- How to open and document personal accounts, fiduciary accounts and business accounts
- How setting up accounts improperly can created liability for your financial institution
- Creating consistency in your organization on how accounts are opened
- Signature Card danger zones and what can go wrong
- How CIF systems can create errors in ownership and signature card conflicts
- How to add owners, make changes and other issues after the account is opened
- How to follow the authority trail established in the paperwork
- What can attorneys-in-fact do and not do on individual accounts
- How to change business accounts signers and owners
- And much, much more…
New accounts representatives, call service representatives, branch managers, assistant branch managers, branch administration, deposit operations, BSA CIP personnel, training and anyone who works with or manages the new account function.
Deborah Crawford is the President of Gettechnical Inc., a Virginia based training company. She specializes in the deposit side of the financial institution and is an instructor on IRAs, BSA, Deposit Regulations and opening account procedures. She was formerly with Hibernia National Bank (now Capital One) and has bachelor’s and master’s degrees from Louisiana State University. She has 27 years of combined teaching and banking experience.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2.5 CE Credits
- Live Webinar which includes 5 Day On-Demand - $265
- Six Month On-Demand – $295
- Live plus Six Month On-Demand – $365
- CD-ROM (Includes Six Month On-Demand) – $325
- Premier (Includes all options) – $395
- Additional Locations – $75
Online: Click here.
Phone: Call Total Training Solutions at (800) 831-0678
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.