Safe Deposit Box Employee Compliance Certification Program (Part 4)
The Certification Program is a four part series.
This Safe Deposit Box Compliance Certification Program is designed to provide your staff with overall knowledge of how to establish correct day-to-day operating procedures, comply with safe deposit box regulations, properly run a safe deposit department and reduce your potential liability. Topics will include potential liability, nationwide lawsuits, safe deposit regulations and many other important compliance issues.
Participants will learn how to properly rent, surrender and access boxes, establish proper key control and comply with current state and federal safe deposit regulations. These four compliance presentations will also answer the “Most Frequently Asked” safe deposit procedures, security and disaster questions and will provide all REQUIRED regulatory and compliance training.
NOTE: The Certification Program is a four part series.
* To receive the Safe Deposit Box Employee Compliance Certification Certificate, one participant at your location must attend all four sessions and pass an online final exam. A $30 exam fee will be charged for each additional participant taking the certification exam.
Session 4: Vault Security, Disasters and Self-Service Box Liability Issues
- What FIFTEEN steps must be followed when a flood fills your vault with contaminated water?
- Why did 1,300 renters file a class action lawsuit after fire destroyed their safe deposit boxes?
- Who is responsible for creating your safe deposit security and disaster recovery programs?
- If someone is locked inside your vault what steps should be followed to get them out?
- What happens to safe deposit boxes after your branch facility is totaled during a fire?
- What SEVEN words should never be used regarding your safe deposit box security?
- How can proper vault door closing procedures help you prevent overnight guests?
- Are vaults and security systems still required to protect your safe deposit boxes?
- How can Hurricane Katrina continue to create safe deposit liability years later?
- Why were TWO small babies and ONE very large dog locked inside a vault?
- How can we train our staff to answer renter’s security and disaster questions?
- How can renters now access their boxes 24 hours a day, 7 days a week?
- If a tornado hits your facility how much vault damage could it cause?
- Why are “SELF-SERVICE” box renters now suing for millions?
- What SIX safe deposit burglaries are TV reporters now covering?
- Why are safe deposit vault burglaries on the rise nationwide?
- Can you pass a TEN question security/disaster test?
This safe deposit compliance program is designed to update compliance officers, safe deposit supervisors, vault attendants, branch managers, security personnel, auditors, training directors, new account representatives and your in-house legal counsel.
David P. McGuinn, President of Safe Deposit Specialists, is a former banker with 45 years of safe deposit experience and is often referred to nationwide as the safe deposit GURU. In all 50 states he has trained over 250,000 safe deposit personnel since 1969, and has served the industry as President of AIB and the American, Texas and Houston Safe Deposit Associations. Dave is a featured speaker for the American Bankers Association’s TV network and has been interviewed by the Wall Street Journal, Banking-New York, Washington Post, Money Magazine, New York Magazine, Associated Press, AARP, National Public Radio, FDIC, CUNA, CNN, CBS, ABC, NBC Nightly News and Court TV on current safe deposit issues. McGuinn has created numerous training programs and his Safe Deposit Policy and Procedures Handbook, Regulatory/Compliance manual, products, brochures and training seminars are now the accepted standard for the financial industry.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 10.0 credits.
Either Live or 6-Month On-Demand Webinar: $899
Both Live and 6-Month On-Demand Webinar: $1,249
Online: Click here.
Phone: Call Total Training Solutions at (800) 831-0678
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.