Safe Deposit Box Employee Compliance Certification Program (Part 2)
The Certification Program is a four part series.
This Safe Deposit Box Compliance Certification Program is designed to provide your staff with overall knowledge of how to establish correct day-to-day operating procedures, comply with safe deposit box regulations, properly run a safe deposit department and reduce your potential liability. Topics will include potential liability, nationwide lawsuits, safe deposit regulations and many other important compliance issues.
Participants will learn how to properly rent, surrender and access boxes, establish proper key control and comply with current state and federal safe deposit regulations. These four compliance presentations will also answer the “Most Frequently Asked” safe deposit procedures, security and disaster questions and will provide all REQUIRED regulatory and compliance training.
NOTE: The Certification Program is a four part series.
* To receive the Safe Deposit Box Employee Compliance Certification Certificate, one participant at your location must attend all four sessions and pass an online final exam. A $30 exam fee will be charged for each additional participant taking the certification exam.
Session 2: Top Fifty (50) “Most Important” Daily Operating Procedures
- What FOUR types of ID should be obtained from every signer on a lease agreement?
- What type of box renter identification disclosure is required by the USA Patriot Act?
- What TEN items should be included in every “New Safe Deposit Box Renter Kit”?
- What FOUR requests should always be denied when a renter wants to close a box?
- Why must locks be rotated on all surrendered boxes before they are rented again?
- How long should closed contracts be retained and how should they be filed?
- What TEN steps must be followed when granting access to a renter’s box?
- Why should keys to all unrented boxes be secured in locking key wallets?
- Why is it better to use an access slip rather than an access card or ledger?
- What FIVE steps must be followed when a renter loses both of his keys?
- Why should renters not be allowed to return their box or lock their door?
- Why should vault access before or after lobby hours always be denied?
- How should you handle a renter’s key when it is received in the mail?
- Why should a renter’s key never be left hanging in an unlocked door?
- How many guard keys or sets of keys should be in use at one time?
- What FOUR items must be included in your box surrender clause?
- What FIVE items should a “Non-Renter Access Form” contain?
- Where should guard keys be kept during the day and at night?
This safe deposit compliance program is designed to update compliance officers, safe deposit supervisors, vault attendants, branch managers, security personnel, auditors, training directors, new account representatives and your in-house legal counsel.
David P. McGuinn, President of Safe Deposit Specialists, is a former banker with 45 years of safe deposit experience and is often referred to nationwide as the safe deposit GURU. In all 50 states he has trained over 250,000 safe deposit personnel since 1969, and has served the industry as President of AIB and the American, Texas and Houston Safe Deposit Associations. Dave is a featured speaker for the American Bankers Association’s TV network and has been interviewed by the Wall Street Journal, Banking-New York, Washington Post, Money Magazine, New York Magazine, Associated Press, AARP, National Public Radio, FDIC, CUNA, CNN, CBS, ABC, NBC Nightly News and Court TV on current safe deposit issues. McGuinn has created numerous training programs and his Safe Deposit Policy and Procedures Handbook, Regulatory/Compliance manual, products, brochures and training seminars are now the accepted standard for the financial industry.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 10.0 credits.
Either Live or 6-Month On-Demand Webinar: $899
Both Live and 6-Month On-Demand Webinar: $1,249
Online: Click here.
Phone: Call Total Training Solutions at (800) 831-0678
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.