Safe Deposit Box Employee Compliance Certification Program (Part 1)
The Certification Program is a four part series.
This Safe Deposit Box Compliance Certification Program is designed to provide your staff with overall knowledge of how to establish correct day-to-day operating procedures, comply with safe deposit box regulations, properly run a safe deposit department and reduce your potential liability. Topics will include potential liability, nationwide lawsuits, safe deposit regulations and many other important compliance issues.
Participants will learn how to properly rent, surrender and access boxes, establish proper key control and comply with current state and federal safe deposit regulations. These four compliance presentations will also answer the “Most Frequently Asked” safe deposit procedures, security and disaster questions and will provide all REQUIRED regulatory and compliance training.
NOTE: The Certification Program is a four part series.
* To receive the Safe Deposit Box Employee Compliance Certification Certificate, one participant at your location must attend all four sessions and pass an online final exam. A $30 exam fee will be charged for each additional participant taking the certification exam.
Session 1: Nationwide Lawsuits, Liability and Other Legal Issues
- Why are safe deposit disappearance claims on the rise nationwide?
- Why was an institution sued for $30 million after an internal box theft?
- Why should all new box renters receive a “No Insurance” disclosure form?
- How can a con man unlock a safe deposit box door in seconds, without a key?
- How can FDIC or NCUA signs, logos or brochures create safe deposit liability?
- Why should you never stamp a box number on your renter’s safe deposit box key?
- Would your part-time safe deposit box employee make a good courtroom witness?
- If you are now leaving renters in your vault alone, what terrible things could happen?
- Why must visitors and small children always sign when they take part in the transaction?
- What legal relationship must be included in your contract to reduce your potential liability?
- What FIVE important legal items should be included in your safe deposit rental agreement?
- What FIVE questions must always be answered before accepting a Power of Attorney form?
- What important supporting documents are needed for the FOUR types of rental agreements?
This safe deposit compliance program is designed to update compliance officers, safe deposit supervisors, vault attendants, branch managers, security personnel, auditors, training directors, new account representatives and your in-house legal counsel.
David P. McGuinn, President of Safe Deposit Specialists, is a former banker with 45 years of safe deposit experience and is often referred to nationwide as the safe deposit GURU. In all 50 states he has trained over 250,000 safe deposit personnel since 1969, and has served the industry as President of AIB and the American, Texas and Houston Safe Deposit Associations. Dave is a featured speaker for the American Bankers Association’s TV network and has been interviewed by the Wall Street Journal, Banking-New York, Washington Post, Money Magazine, New York Magazine, Associated Press, AARP, National Public Radio, FDIC, CUNA, CNN, CBS, ABC, NBC Nightly News and Court TV on current safe deposit issues. McGuinn has created numerous training programs and his Safe Deposit Policy and Procedures Handbook, Regulatory/Compliance manual, products, brochures and training seminars are now the accepted standard for the financial industry.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 10.0 credits.
Either Live or 6-Month On-Demand Webinar: $899
Both Live and 6-Month On-Demand Webinar: $1,249
Online: Click here.
Phone: Call Total Training Solutions at (800) 831-0678
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.