Robbery Procedures, Counterfeit and Fraudulent Items
It's getting to be that time of year again!! Robberies occur more in December than any other month according to FBI statistics.
How can you keep your employees safe at your financial institution during a robbery? First, you need to try to prevent the robbery from happening in the first place.
We’ll cover the ABC’s of security devices, review methods for preventing robberies, and what to do before, during and after a robbery. We’ll also discuss how to detect counterfeit money, and the security features of “old” and “new” bills currently in circulation.
- Robbery prevention methods
- Opening and closing procedures
- Robbery procedures; before, during and after a robbery
- Identifying features of U.S. currency
- How to detect counterfeit money
- Close-up look at each note
- Security features of the new $100 note
All staff, including those in the back office. All staff should receive training on robbery and security procedures, especially those who enter or leave the building before or after regular lobby hours, work in the lobby, visit the lobby occasionally, or possess combinations or keys that access cash or handle cash.
Christy Crawford is president of Christy Crawford Consulting specializing in the education of banks and credit unions across the nation. Christy is an associate speaker for Gettechnical Inc. As a former trainer for Wal-Mart Corporation, and former V.P. of Gettechnical Inc. she brings her previous 11 years of sales and training experience to your financial institution. She earned a bachelor’s degree from Louisiana State University and is BSA/AML certified. Her expertise is in the deposit side of the financial institution and focuses on teller, new accounts, IRAs, HSAs, robbery, security and BSA for the frontline training.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2.5 CE Credits
- Live Webinar which includes 7 Day On-Demand - $265
- Six Month On-Demand – $295
- Live plus Six Month On-Demand – $365
- CD-ROM (Includes Six Month On-Demand) – $325
- Premier (Includes all options) – $395
- Additional Locations – $75
Online: Click here.
Phone: Call Total Training Solutions at (800) 831-0678
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.