Risk Management for Community Banks
Part 1: A Practical Approach for Implementing ERM
This session takes a step back from much of the current guidance (e.g. COSO’s ERM Framework and ISO 31000) and “consultant speak” and gets back to the basics.
Enterprise Risk Management is not a buzzword, it’s a necessity. However, getting two people to agree on how to implement ERM can be quite a challenge (just agreeing on the definition can be a chore in itself). Banks have been managing risk for many years, and, while some tweaks may be needed, it is likely that your bank is “doing” most of what’s required to have an effective ERM process.
- The basics of ERM
- The Risk Map – this one-page tool shows how to tie all of your risk management functions and processes together. It will:
- Provide a practical means to document your risk management program that is easy for the board, management and regulators to understand, and
- Help you identify critical gaps in your program.
- Two of the puzzle pieces that are typically missing from many bank’s risk management toolchest: The Top 10 Risk List and the Risk Assessment Summary.
CEO’s, CFO’s, risk officers, compliance officers, controllers, auditors, and anyone else responsible for implementing and/or maintaining risk management systems.
William Flori, CRCM, is the Director of Compliance and Risk Services for TIB-The Independent BankersBank. He is responsible for TIB’s ERM, business continuity, compliance program, vendor management, insurance, and BSA functions. William has 13 years of banking-related experience. Prior to joining TIB, William held other managerial positions in public accounting and community banking.
ICB: Visit aba.com/icb/membercereview for instructions on self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2 hours CRCM.
Member price: $265.00 | Non member price $530.00
Member price: $280.00 | Non member price $560.00
Online: Visit the CBA Webinar Catalog
Mail: Click here and mail completed form with check payable to ConferenceEdge to: (Mail at least 10 days prior to event)
4434 W. 29th St., Denver, CO 80212
Phone: Call ConferenceEdge at (877) 988-7526 (credit card payments only)
- Preferred Payment Method: Online
- Please register online or by phone when paying with a credit card
- Payment Must Accompany Registration – Invoices are Not Provided
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.