Reviewing Residential Appraisals
This series covers the major guidelines for reviewing and using CRE and residential appraisals, including current regulatory requirements and other important issues.
An important part of the lending process is the role of residential properties as collateral, not only for first mortgages and home equity loans, but as additional support for small business and commercial loans when pledged by the business owner.
This program covers the major guidelines and issues for reviewing residential appraisals, plus an overview of regulatory requirements and other issues.
- Key issues from the newest (December 2, 2010) Interagency Appraisal and Evaluation Guidelines
- Differences between residential and CRE appraisals
- Home Valuation Code of Conduct (HVCC), Uniform Mortgage Data Program (UMDP), Uniform Appraisal Data (UAD), USPAP January 2014 appraisal definition changes, Reg Z/Truth in Lending (TIL) changes and other regulatory issues
- Pros and Cons of Appraisal Management Companies (AMCs)
- Common reasons why “secondary market” rejects many appraisals and properties
- Key sections of Uniform Residential Appraisal Report (Form 1004)
- Reports that serve as evaluations, plus automated options
- Issues with residential rentals
- Take advantage of the data: build an appraisal database
Richard Hamm has been training bankers for more than 24 years, specializing in all phases of commercial lending and credit, including portfolio and risk management, commercial real estate and appraisals and selling and negotiating skills. He has also been involved in director training, loan policy formation, bank formation and strategic planning. He owns/operates Advantage Consulting &Training after a 22-year banking career including senior positions in lending and credit.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2 hours/session
Member price: $275.00 | Non member price $550.00
Member price: $295.00 | Non member price $590.00
Online: Visit the CBA Webinar Catalog
Mail: Click here and mail completed form with check payable to ConferenceEdge to: (Mail at least 10 days prior to event)
1516 Xavier St., Ste 500, Denver, CO 80204
Phone: Call ConferenceEdge at (877) 988-7526 (credit card payments only)
- Preferred Payment Method: Online
- Please register online or by phone when paying with a credit card
- Payment Must Accompany Registration – Invoices are Not Provided
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.