Residential Mortgage Lending Webinar Mandatory 2 Part Series 07/26 & 07/27
Despite slower markets in some areas and increased regulation, residential mortgages remain a key product offering (whether your bank keeps the loans or sells them), and the primary residence remains the centerpiece of a consumer’s financial profile.
This two-part webinar will provide an overview of current issues in the residential mortgage market, with a focus on general underwriting, including income verification, appraisal and credit history issues faced with conventional mortgages.
Additional steps in the application process for construction situations, typical pricing and structuring and a brief overview of some of the key documents are also discussed.
- Evolution of the mortgage industry and the role of banks
- Other players, mortgage origination economics and the two primary loan situations, including current loan pricing and loan structures
- Key steps in pre-qualifying, then formally underwriting the customer’s financial data:
- Application contents, income verification, debt obligations and issues with self-employed borrowers
- Computing the ratios: Debt-to-income (DTI) and loan-to-value (LTV)
- Appraisal review
- Dealing with credit history issues
- Determining “primary risk”
- When construction is involved: What is construction risk? What additional due diligence is needed?
- Other key documents, such as the survey and title insurance
- Home equity lines of credit (HELOCs)
Consumer lenders, mortgage bankers and private bankers. Small business lenders, commercial lenders, credit analysts, loan review specialists, special assets officers and credit officers that deal with residential mortgages indirectly will also benefit.
Richard Hamm has been training bankers for more than 24 years, specializing in all phases of commercial lending and credit, including portfolio and risk management, commercial real estate and appraisals and selling and negotiating skills. He has also been involved in director training, loan policy formation, bank formation and strategic planning. He owns/operates Advantage Consulting &Training after a 22-year banking career including senior positions in lending and credit.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2 hours/session
Member price: $525.00 | Non member price $1050.00
Member price: $565.00 | Non member price $1130.00
Online: Visit the CBA Webinar Catalog
Mail: Click here and mail completed form with check payable to ConferenceEdge to: (Mail at least 10 days prior to event)
1516 Xavier St., Ste 500, Denver, CO 80204
Phone: Call ConferenceEdge at (877) 988-7526 (credit card payments only)
- Preferred Payment Method: Online
- Please register online or by phone when paying with a credit card
- Payment Must Accompany Registration – Invoices are Not Provided
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.