Reporting Your Credit Data: METRO2, E-OSCAR & Compliance Audit
This program reviews federal requirements, the NEW E-OSCAR, and using the METRO-2 format.
This tele-web seminar will begin on Wednesday, December 5, 2012 at 11:30 AM to 1:30 PM Pacific Time.
Whether you report to one or all four of the National Credit Reporting Agencies (NCRA), you are required to comply with the Fair Credit Reporting Act and the Fair and Accurate Credit Transaction Act (FACTA) amendment. It’s not what you know that will hurt you-it’s repolluting the consumer’s file that can cost your bank plenty!
This program reviews federal requirements, the NEW E-OSCAR, and using the METRO-2 format. We will also discuss the pros and cons of reporting to more than one NCRA (Credit Reporting Agency), and why you should run Data Quality Control Checks on the consumer information you report.
- Your responsibilities under the FACTA including Red Flag Guidelines & Section 312 Accuracy & Integrity Audits
- Using E-OSCAR to view and respond to consumer disputes (ACDV Responses).
- Using E-OSCAR to create and submit update requests (AUDs) for previously reported trade-lines.
- Reviewing the different guidelines for reporting to each of the National Credit Reporting Agencies; Equifax, Experian, Innovis, and Trans Union.
- Reporting your information monthly using the METRO-2 format.
- Why it is necessary to periodically check your data reports to be in compliance and reduce risk
The changes to FACTA impact everyone in your institution dealing with consumers, credit information, and/or Identity Theft. This informative session is for Branch Managers, Assistant Branch Managers, Customer Service Reps, Consumer Lenders, Compliance Officers, Risk Officers, Collectors and Trainers.
Greg Souther is President of Greg Souther Consulting & Seminars (gregsouther.com) a firm that provides training and consulting to companies in the following areas: Customer Service & Communication; Credit, Collections, & Compliance; Preventing Fraud & Information Security; and Marketing & Sales. With over 27 years of training and speaking experience, Greg and his associates share practical “how to” advice that everyone can easily understand and use in their daily work environment.
2.0 total credits
Member price: $250.00 | Non member price $500.00