Regulations X & Z – Final High-Cost Mortgage & Homeownership Counseling Amendments
This two-hour program explains the final rules that revise Regulations X and Z provisions related to high-cost mortgages and to providing consumers with information about homeownership counseling.
On January 10, 2013, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) published final rules to revise the Truth in Lending Act (TILA) and Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act provisions related to high-cost mortgages and to providing consumers with information about homeownership counseling. The 431-page rule is effective on January 10, 2014.
Upon completion of this program, participants understand:
- Revisions to Regulation Z (Truth in Lending) that:
- Expand the types of mortgage loans that are subject to the protections of the Home Ownership and Equity Protections Act of 1994 (HOEPA);
- Revise and expand the tests for coverage under HOEPA and impose additional restrictions on mortgages that are covered by HOEPA, including a pre-loan counseling requirement.
- Revisions to Regulation Z and Regulation X (Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act) that impose certain requirements related to homeownership counseling, including a requirement that consumers receive information about homeownership counseling providers.
Loan originators, loan officers, lending assistants, compliance officers and auditors.
Jack Holzknecht, CRCM, a principal with Pegasus Educational Services, LLC, has been delivering the word on lending compliance for 37 years. Jack’s career began as a federal bank examiner. He also headed the form and software division of a regional consulting company and spent seven years in charge of their education division. He also developed and delivered training for the FDIC and OTS.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit aba.com/icb/membercereview for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2 hours CRCM/CLBB/CPB/CCSR.
Member price: $265.00 | Non member price $530.00
Member price: $280.00 | Non member price $560.00
Online: Visit the CBA Webinar Catalog
Mail: Click here and mail completed form with check payable to ConferenceEdge to: (Mail at least 10 days prior to event)
4434 W. 29th St., Denver, CO 80212
Phone: Call ConferenceEdge at (877) 988-7526 (credit card payments only)
- Preferred Payment Method: Online
- Please register online or by phone when paying with a credit card
- Payment Must Accompany Registration – Invoices are Not Provided
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.