Regulation E Unwrapped
The Electronic Fund Transfer Act has a major impact on you and your customers. This webinar unwraps Regulation E layer by layer, including what regulators are looking for, model forms, dispute resolution and more.
Regulation E has had a few changes over the last few years, including moving to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB). In this webinar, we’ll unwrap the regulation layer by layer.
Regulation E (The Electronic Fund Transfer Act) is a consumer protection regulation and has a major impact on you and your customers. The regulation impacts electronic payments including ACH, debit and credit cards and wire transfers. In April 2013, the CFPB issued the final regulation and official interpretation on Section 1073 of the Dodd-Frank Act, which addresses three specific issues dealing with:
- Fee disclosures imposed by a designated recipient’s institution
- The requirement to disclose taxes collected by a person other than the remittance transfer provider
- Error resolution provisions
- What regulators are looking for
- The model forms that are available to you
- The dispute resolution process and when to use it
- The differences between Regulation E and the ACH Rules
Compliance personnel, auditors and all others interested in gaining knowledge on Regulation E and processing ACH transactions.
Mary Kate Cole, AAP, CAE, principal of MK Cole Consulting, has nearly two decades of bank operations experience. Currently, Kate is working with Management HQ as an Account Coordinator and Office Manager. As Vice President of the Upper Midwest ACH Association, she was responsible for member education and problem solving as well as ACH development projects. Kate has been active in several National ACH Association Rules Work Groups over her career. She is a popular speaker at both local and national conferences on electronic payments related topics.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2 hours/session
Member price: $265.00 | Non member price $530.00
Member price: $280.00 | Non member price $560.00
Online: Visit the CBA Webinar Catalog
Mail: Click here and mail completed form with check payable to ConferenceEdge to: (Mail at least 10 days prior to event)
1516 Xavier St., Ste 500, Denver, CO 80204
Phone: Call ConferenceEdge at (877) 988-7526 (credit card payments only)
- Preferred Payment Method: Online
- Please register online or by phone when paying with a credit card
- Payment Must Accompany Registration – Invoices are Not Provided
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.