Regulation CC – Check Holds
Regulation CC is the regulation governing the availability of funds for transaction accounts and the holds that financial institutions can place on checks.
This regulation was passed in 1988 and continues to be one of the toughest compliance problems in financial institutions around the country.
Can we place a hold on a cashier’s check? How many days can we hold checks on a new account? Does this apply to business accounts? Do we have to give the hold while the customer is there or can we mail it later?
These questions will all be addressed in this informative and easy to follow program for the frontline. You’ll need a copy of your hold form and Regulation CC disclosure to follow this frontline program.
- Purpose of the regulation
- What is a transaction account?
- Availability Schedules
- Business versus banking days, Transaction Accounts and more definitions
- How to count days and place holds
- Next day items versus other checks
- Case by Case holds
- Exception Holds
- Hold Notices and how to complete
- New Accounts exception
- Common errors on holds
All tellers, teller managers, cashiers, customer service representatives, back of bank operations, branch managers and compliance officers.
Deborah Crawford is the President of gettechnical inc. She specializes in compliance and regulations for the deposit side of financial institutions. Her 20+ year career in banking and training began at Hibernia National Bank. She has been a seminar leader for many state associations and credit union groups across the nation. She has Bachelors and Masters degrees from Louisiana State University.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2.5 CE Credits
- Live Webinar which includes 5 Day On-Demand - $265
- Six Month On-Demand – $295
- Live plus Six Month On-Demand – $365
- CD-ROM (Includes Six Month On-Demand) – $325
- Premier (Includes all options) – $395
- Additional Locations – $75
Online: Click here.
Phone: Call Total Training Solutions at (800) 831-0678
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.