Reg E Compliance – Five Best Practices for Handling Disputes
Will your financial institution experience more debit card fraud investigation in 2017?
A November 2016 report from the Federal Reserve found that debit card losses to merchants, cardholders and issuers increased 44 percent from 2013 to $2.41 BILLION in 2015.
Our topic for the webinar will focus on several simple steps to handle Reg E customer disputes and inquiries. Understanding the rules will help you satisfy the regulators but can also SAVE YOUR FINANCIAL INSTITUTION MONEY by only paying the claims that you are required to reimburse for unauthorized transactions. We will review the steps required to handle disputes and inquiries and the time frames for resolving a claim for an unauthorized transaction. The only way you can be sure that your front line staff is complying with this high-profile consumer protection regulation is by providing effective training and providing sound procedures.
- The basic disclosure requirements of Reg E and the definitions that guide the error resolution process.
- What questions should you ask a customer about a disputed transaction?
- What are five “best practices” for handling a Reg E dispute?
- What should be included in an investigation report?
- How do you determine if a customer is liable for an unauthorized transaction? Learn practical suggestions for conducting and documenting an investigation.
- Resources to educate customers about fraud prevention
Customer (Member) Service Reps, New Account Reps, Teller Supervisors, Deposit Operations staff, Security and Compliance Officers. NOTE: This webinar will NOT address Visa or MasterCard zero liability rules; only the Federal Reg E dispute provisions are included.
Susan Costonis is a compliance consultant and trainer. She specializes in compliance management along with deposit and lending regulatory training and began her career in 1978. Susan has successfully managed compliance programs and exams for institutions that ranged from a community bank to large multi-state bank holding companies. She has been a compliance officer for institutions supervised by the OCC, FDIC, and Federal Reserve.
Susan has been a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager since 1998, completed the ABA Graduate Compliance School, and graduated from the University of Akron and the Graduate Banking School of the University of Colorado. She regularly presents to financial institution audiences in several states and “translates” complex regulations into simple concepts by using humor and real life examples.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2.5 CE Credits
- Live Webinar which includes 5 Day On-Demand - $265
- Six Month On-Demand – $295
- Live plus Six Month On-Demand – $365
- CD-ROM (Includes Six Month On-Demand) – $345
- Premier (Includes all options) – $395
- Additional Locations – $75
Online: Click here.
Phone: Call Total Training Solutions at (800) 831-0678
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.