Rebroadcast: The Top 10 Mistakes in Appraisal Compliance
What are the top 10 mistakes in appraisal compliance, and more importantly, how do you avoid them?
This webinar focuses on solutions to common problems bankers experience with appraisal compliance issues and reviewing and interpreting CRE appraisals.
This webinar will help bankers deal with appraisal compliance issues, plus reviewing and interpreting commercial real estate (CRE) appraisals. Lenders and credit analysts that work with CRE loans
will also benefit. The speaker has been involved with CRE appraisals throughout his 22-year banking career, plus actively training bankers on CRE appraisals for since 2006.
This is a rebroadcast of 6/16/15 webinar.
Some of the top 10 mistakes to be discussed include:
- Not understanding that, even if not required by bank regulators, appraisal review makes sense – there is a clear need
- Not utilizing the regulatory “invitation” to have different levels of review, or a “risk-focused” process
- Not making the selection and engagement of the appraiser a bid process
- Not developing an appraisal database as an automatic outcome of most reviews, including residential
- Letting the residential mindset cloud your evaluation of commercial comparable sales
- Not having a procedure or policy for handling appraisal mistakes or unsatisfactory appraisals
This webinar will benefit individuals involved with appraisal
ordering and review, business and commercial lenders, credit analysts and underwriters, plus other members of the CRE lending team regardless of experience level.
Richard Hamm has been training bankers for more than 24 years, specializing in all phases of commercial lending and credit, including portfolio and risk management, commercial real estate and appraisals, plus selling and negotiating skills. He owns/operates Advantage Consulting & Training after a 22-year banking career including senior positions in lending and credit.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2 hours/session
Member price: $275.00 | Non member price $550.00
Member price: $295.00 | Non member price $590.00
Online: Visit the CBA Webinar Catalog
Mail: Click here and mail completed form with check payable to ConferenceEdge to: (Mail at least 10 days prior to event)
1516 Xavier St., Ste 500, Denver, CO 80204
Phone: Call ConferenceEdge at (877) 988-7526 (credit card payments only)
- Preferred Payment Method: Online
- Please register online or by phone when paying with a credit card
- Payment Must Accompany Registration – Invoices are Not Provided
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.