Rebroadcast: The Top 10 Mistakes in Analyzing Business Financial Statements
What are the top 10 mistakes in business financial statement analysis, and more importantly, how do you avoid them?
This review of frequent problems and errors will improve your skills within the analysis and underwriting process.
This program will help lenders and credit analysts do a better job with business financial statements and tax returns within the analysis and underwriting process. The speaker has been training bankers on business financial statement and tax returns for over 20 years, along with serving in senior roles within lending and credit at both the community band and regional bank level.
This is a Rebroadcast of the 06/15/15 webinar.
Some of the top 10 mistakes to be discussed include:
- Not understanding the underlying basis of accounting, cash or accrual (this includes tax returns)
- Not having alignment of the dates between business financials, the guarantor and any related businesses
- EBITDA does not spell cash flow
- Getting “stuck” while waiting on additional information
- Not analyzing the non-financial or qualitative aspects of the business
- Not assessing the entire, or global, situation
- Going “global” too soon
This webinar will benefit individuals with business and commercial lenders, credit analysts and underwriters, plus other members of the lending team regardless of experience level.
Richard Hamm has been training bankers for more than 24 years, specializing in all phases of commercial lending and credit, including portfolio and risk management, commercial real estate and appraisals, plus selling and negotiating skills. He owns/operates Advantage Consulting & Training after a 22-year banking career including senior positions in lending and credit.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2 hours/session
Member price: $275.00 | Non member price $550.00
Member price: $295.00 | Non member price $590.00
Online: Visit the CBA Webinar Catalog
Mail: Click here and mail completed form with check payable to ConferenceEdge to: (Mail at least 10 days prior to event)
1516 Xavier St., Ste 500, Denver, CO 80204
Phone: Call ConferenceEdge at (877) 988-7526 (credit card payments only)
- Preferred Payment Method: Online
- Please register online or by phone when paying with a credit card
- Payment Must Accompany Registration – Invoices are Not Provided
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.