Real Estate Law for Bankers
Learn basic real property law concepts encountered frequently by bankers.
Bankers will become familiar with concepts you’ll encounter when making loans secured by real estate or when making loans to tenants in real property.
The course will assist lenders when structuring loans and also when communicating with bank counsel.
- Basic Principles of Real Estate Law
- Property ownership rights
- Methods of owning real property and the consequences of each
- Legal Descriptions and Surveys
- Metes and bounds descriptions
- Platted property
- Reading and understanding surveys
- Real Estate Finance
- Mortgages, security agreements and other collateral instruments
- Liens and lien priorities
- Mortgagee title insurance
- Collateral assignments of notes and mortgages
- Rights of tenants
- Tenants rights versus rights of a mortgagee
- Deeds in lieu of foreclosure
Lenders, special assets officers, residential and commercial underwriters, personal bankers, and relationship managers
Douglas Waldorf is a shareholder with Rogers Towers, P.A. and manages the firm’s offices in Southwest Florida. He is a member of Rogers Towers’ Banking and Financial Services Practice Group and its Real Estate Department. A Florida Bar Board Certified Real Estate Attorney, Mr. Waldorf’s practice focuses on serving banking industry clients in all aspects of commercial and residential financing transactions as well as in mortgage foreclosures, deeds in lieu of foreclosure, forbearance agreements and other matters related to defaulted loan workouts and collection. He has more than 25 years’ experience in representing lenders including nearly 12 years as in house counsel for SunTrust Bank in Southwest Florida.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2.5 CE Credits
- Live Webinar which includes 7 Day On-Demand - $265
- Six Month On-Demand – $295
- Live plus Six Month On-Demand – $365
- CD-ROM (Includes Six Month On-Demand) – $325
- Premier (Includes all options) – $395
- Additional Locations – $75
Online: Click here.
Phone: Call Total Training Solutions at (800) 831-0678
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.