Ratio Analysis to Determine Financial Strength
Credit (Risk) Analysis is one of the most important functions performed by financial institutions.
Because interest and fee income from loans represent the largest source of revenue for financial institutions, thorough credit analysis must be performed before loans are approved and funded.
Credit Analysis starts with spreading historical financial statements and then calculating key ratios to determine the financial health of an organization. This webinar will teach the five vital signs of any organization and the ratios required to identify the signs. A detailed identification and definition of ratios will be included.
- Current / Quick Ratios
- Working Capital Analysis
- Defensive Interval Ratio
- Activity Ratios for Working Capital Assets
- Activity Ratios for Working Capital Liabilities
- Ratios to Measure the Proportion of Support Provided by Owners and Creditors
- Asset Management
- To Measure the Ability of Management to Utilize Their Assets to Generate Sales and Profits
- Performance Ratios to Measure the Relationship Between Sales, Costs and Expenses and How Their Changes Affect the Bottom Line
- Cash Flow
- Uniform Cash Analysis to Determine the Sources and Uses of a Firm’s Cash as a Means of Serving Long-Term Debt
You’ll leave with a deeper understanding of ratio and credit analyses during the underwriting process. This translates into well-organized, clearly written credit memoranda so you’ll be more confident explaining trends and the financial impact on customers and prospects.
- Credit Analysts
- Commercial Lenders
- Consumer Lenders
- Senior Credit and Loan Officers
- Loan Review Officers
- Branch Managers
Jeffery W. Johnson started his career with SunTrust Bank in Atlanta as a Management Trainee and progressed to Vice President and Senior Lender of SouthTrust Bank and Senior Vice President and Commercial Banking Division Manager for Citizens Trust Bank of Atlanta.
Most of Mr. Johnson’s career has been in Credit Administration, Lending, Business Development, Loan Review, Management, and Training & Development. He has managed loan portfolios representing a cross section of loan types including: Large Corporate, High Net Worth Individuals, Middle Market Companies, Small Businesses, Real Estate, and Non-Profit Organizations.
Now a training professional in the financial industry, Mr. Johnson leads seminars on topics critical to financial institutions. He teaches for 15 state banking associations in the United States, Risk Management Association (RMA) and individual financial institutions nationwide. He co-authored a training course entitled “Lending to Service and Other Professional Organizations” for RMA in 2001.
Mr. Johnson earned a B.A. Degree in Accounting from Morehouse College in Atlanta; a MBA in Finance from John Carroll University in University Heights, Ohio; a Banking diploma from Prochnow School of Banking at the University of Wisconsin, and a Graduate Certificate in Bank Management from the Wharton School of Business.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2.5 CE Credits
- Live Webinar which includes 7 Day On-Demand - $265
- Six Month On-Demand – $295
- Live plus Six Month On-Demand – $365
- CD-ROM (Includes Six Month On-Demand) – $325
- Premier (Includes all options) – $395
- Additional Locations – $75
Online: Click here.
Phone: Call Total Training Solutions at (800) 831-0678
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.