Proposed Mortgage Disclosures: The End of the World as We Know It
Two hour tele-web seminar September 13, 2012
Recent CFPB proposed revisions to Regulations X and Z will substantially change the way the mortgage business works. Attend this program to learn all about the new proposed disclosure requirements and prepare for the changes.
This tele-web seminar will begin on Thursday, September 13, 2012 at 11:30 AM to 1:30 PM Pacific Time.
On July 9, 2012 the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) published two major proposals to revise Regulations X and Z. The first proposal addresses the Dodd-Frank Act requirement to combine the RESPA Good Faith Estimate and the early TILA Disclosure and to combine the HUD-1 and the final TILA Disclosure. The second proposal covers high-cost mortgage and homeownership counseling amendments. The two proposals are explained in nearly 1,400 pages of material.
- The basic content of the new disclosures:
- The Loan Estimate; and
- The Closing Disclosure;
- When the new disclosures must be given (at application and three days before closing);
- Who is responsible for providing the disclosures;
- The changes to the finance charge calculation (the “all in” concept) and its impact on the APR;
- The new calculation (lower margins and different comparison rate) to determine HOEPA (Section 32) mortgage coverage;
- The requirement for pre-closing homeownership counseling for HOEPA loans;
- New disclosures related to counseling services; and
- Revised recordkeeping requirements (generally three years)..
The program is designed for mortgage department management, compliance officers and auditors.
Jack Holzknecht, a principal with Pegasus Educational Services, LLC, has provided training to thousands of bankers and examiners for 36 years. Jack�s career began as a federal bank examiner. He also headed the form and software division of a regional consulting company and spent 7 years in charge of their education division. He also developed and delivered training for the FDIC and OTS.
2.0 total credits
Member price: $250.00 | Non member price $500.00