Overdraft Privilege Hotspots: Including Regulations, Lawsuits & Guidance
Complete your ODP checkup before the examiners get there. This webinar provides an update on things the examiners will target to keep you on the right side of regulations, lawsuits and guidance.
It’s 2015 and your examiners are due at your financial institution next month. Will your bank pass the test?
This program is designed to update you and help you complete an ODP checkup on your program before the examiners get there. Whether you are automated or ad hoc, whether you are FDIC or OCC examined, there are some themes and specific things the examiners will target in the examination process this year. We will take a look at litigation, federal laws, state law issues and other ODP “hotspots” in this regulatory environment.
- Your ODP program and whether it will pass the test-checklist for exams
- Regulation E, Reg DD and State Laws
- 2005 JT Guidance, 2010 FDIC Guidance and OCC’s take on ODP
- Examination “hot spots” and how the rules are being interpreted
- Lawsuits around the country and how banks are being targeted for unfair trade
- Your policy, procedures, fees and marketing after 2012
- Fair or unfair trade? A look at the federal and potential state issues
- Frequently asked questions about overdraft programs
- 10 compliance hotspots
- And much, much more…
This informative session is designed for the compliance area, deposit operations and management who are responsible for implementing a fair and compliant overdraft program.
Deborah Crawford is the President of Gettechnical Inc, a Baton Rouge-based firm, specializing in the education of financial institutions across the nation. Her 27+ years of experience began at Hibernia National Bank in New Orleans. She graduated from Louisiana State University with both her bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Debbie specializes in the education of financial institution employees and officers in the area of deposit account laws, new account documentation, insurance, complex compliance regulations and IRAs.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2 hours/session
Member price: $275.00 | Non member price $550.00
Member price: $295.00 | Non member price $560.00
Online: Visit the CBA Webinar Catalog
Mail: Click here and mail completed form with check payable to ConferenceEdge to: (Mail at least 10 days prior to event)
1516 Xavier St., Ste 500, Denver, CO 80204
Phone: Call ConferenceEdge at (877) 988-7526 (credit card payments only)
- Preferred Payment Method: Online
- Please register online or by phone when paying with a credit card
- Payment Must Accompany Registration – Invoices are Not Provided
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.