Opening Trust Accounts: 10 Hot Spots
We will cover the opening and documentation for trust accounts.
We will look at specialty trust accounts. You will also receive tips and checklists on what to look for in a trust document.
We will review the social security number and employer identification number requirements. You will learn how to stay clear of the 10 hot spots when opening and managing trust accounts in your branches.
- Breaking down a trust document and getting what the financial institution needs
- Looking for important parts-grantors, trustees, beneficiaries and successor beneficiaries
- Your job as a withholding agent—SSNs and EINs on trusts
- Specialty trusts—Child Actor Trust, Miller Trust, Medicaid trusts
- What documentation is needed to open a trust account
- Can we update signature card or do we close existing accounts?
- Can a power of attorney coincide with a trust document?
- What happens when a trustee dies?
- 10 Hot Spots to look for and be careful of when opening trust accounts
New Accounts Representatives, Personal Bankers, Training, Branch Operations, Branch Compliance and anyone who opens or supervises the opening of accounts.
Deborah Crawford is the President of Gettechnical Inc., a Virginia based training company. She specializes in the deposit side of the financial institution and is an instructor on IRAs, BSA, Deposit Regulations and opening account procedures. She was formerly with Hibernia National Bank (now Capital One) and has bachelor’s and master’s degrees from Louisiana State University. She has 27 years of combined teaching and banking experience.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2.5 CE Credits
- Live Webinar which includes 5 Day On-Demand - $265
- Six Month On-Demand – $295
- Live plus Six Month On-Demand – $365
- CD-ROM (Includes Six Month On-Demand) – $325
- Premier (Includes all options) – $395
- Additional Locations – $75
Online: Click here.
Phone: Call Total Training Solutions at (800) 831-0678
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.