Opening Fiduciary Accounts: Trusts, POAs, Estates, Guardianships and More
When you begin to open accounts for fiduciaries, you have moved out of the minor league into the major league!
These are harder accounts. Who can do what? The answer can cost your financial institution thousands of dollars if you don’t understand each fiduciary and his or her role and responsibilities.
We’ll walk through POAs, custodians, representative payees, court ordered accounts, trustees and bankruptcy. We’ll also look at the paperwork and duties of each person to better understand your responsibilities.
- Do’s and Don’ts on Fiduciary Accounts
- CFPB weighs in on caregivers, fiduciaries and elderly issues
- Account titling, ownership and legal issues
- Who can sign?
- Can we have a POA or authorized signer on a fiduciary?
- Can we deposit checks made payable to a deceased person in an estate account?
- A look at checks, signature cards, federal issues, court orders and legal paperwork
- W-9s and withholding issues
- Rights of offset against Fiduciary Accounts, Overdraft Protection and Debit Cards
- And more…
Everyone who opens deposit accounts, manages branches, or works with branch administration, training and deposit accounts.
Deborah Crawford is the President of Gettechnical Inc., a Virginia based training company. She specializes in the deposit side of the financial institution and is an instructor on IRAs, BSA, Deposit Regulations and opening account procedures. She was formerly with Hibernia National Bank (now Capital One) and has bachelor’s and master’s degrees from Louisiana State University. She has 27 years of combined teaching and banking experience.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2.5 CE Credits
- Live Webinar which includes 5 Day On-Demand - $265
- Six Month On-Demand – $295
- Live plus Six Month On-Demand – $365
- CD-ROM (Includes Six Month On-Demand) – $325
- Premier (Includes all options) – $395
- Additional Locations – $75
Online: Click here.
Phone: Call Total Training Solutions at (800) 831-0678
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.