Opening Fiduciary Accounts: Trusts, POAs, Estates, Guardianships and More
When you begin to open accounts for fiduciaries you have moved out of the minor league and now are on a major league team.
These are the harder accounts. Who can do what? That becomes the question and the answer can cost your financial institution thousands of dollars if you do not understand each fiduciary and his or her role and responsibilities. In this webinar, we will walk through POAs, custodians, representative payees, court ordered accounts, trustees and bankruptcy. We will look at the paperwork and the duties of each person so to better understand our own responsibilities.
- Do’s and Don’ts on Fiduciary Accounts
- CFPB weighs in on caregivers, fiduciaries and elderly issues
- Account titling, ownership and legal issues
- Who can sign?
- Can we have a POA or authorized signer on a fiduciary?
- Can we deposit checks made payable to a deceased person in an estate account?
- A look at checks, signature cards, federal issues, court orders and legal paperwork
- W-9s and withholding issues
- Rights of offset against Fiduciary accounts, Overdraft Protection and debit cards
- And much, much more
Designed for those who open deposit accounts, manage branches, branch administration, training and all those involved in deposit accounts.
Deborah Crawford is the President of gettechnical inc. She specializes in compliance and regulations for the deposit side of financial institutions. Her 20+ year career in banking and training began at Hibernia National Bank. She has been a seminar leader for many state associations and credit union groups across the nation. She has Bachelors and Masters degrees from Louisiana State University.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2.5 hrs.
Either Live or 6-Month On-Demand Webinar: $255
Both Live and 6-Month On-Demand Webinar: $355
Online: Click here.
Phone: Call Total Training Solutions at (800) 831-0678
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.