Opening Donation, Memorial, and Other Accounts for Non-Profit Organizations
This program will address how to set up the account, style the checks, pay the bills, and much more.
Your bank is asked to open a variety of accounts. These may include accounts for the rotary, sports leagues, hunting clubs, charitable fundraising accounts, and others for non profit and civic organizations. These are common situations many financial institutions face and you will want to know how to do it before you are asked.
Under the Bank Secrecy Act, these are called “nongovernment organizations” and are high-risk accounts. What should your standards be to open, change authority, and close these accounts? How can you protect your financial institution from fraud?
- Establishing the authority to open the account, change signers, and close the account
- Customer identification requirements for nonprofit accounts
- Titling, ownership, and access
- Taxpayer identification reporting issues – matching the IRS name file
- Changing signers and officers
- Common errors and liabilities
- Review of donation accounts, campaign accounts, formal nonprofit accounts, and small nonprofit organizations from setup to close
- Checks, debit cards, and other matters affecting nonprofit accounts
- Federal regulations, resolutions, and other documentation
This informative session will be beneficial for customer service representatives, branch managers, assistant branch managers, deposit operations, branch administration, and all deposit-related personnel.
Deborah Crawford is the President of gettechnical inc. She specializes in compliance and regulations for the deposit side of financial institutions. Her 20+ year career in banking and training began at Hibernia National Bank. She has been a seminar leader for many state associations and credit union groups across the nation. She has Bachelors and Masters degrees from Louisiana State University.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2.5 CE Credits.
Either Live or 6-Month On-Demand Webinar: $255
Both Live and 6-Month On-Demand Webinar: $355
Online: Click here.
Phone: Call Total Training Solutions at (800) 831-0678
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.