Opening Deposit Accounts: Personal Accounts
Account opening takes well-trained personnel whose efficiency requires expertise and clear guidelines. Attend this 3-part series to learn the best methods for opening and maintaining deposit accounts for all your customer contact personnel. The first session covers Personal Accounts, the second on January 16 will discuss Fiduciary Accounts and on January 23 wraps up the series with Business Accounts.
Processes, such as the distribution of disclosures and verifying identity must be completed or the bank can expect criticism in regulatory exams and audits. Documents must be executed governing the legal relationship with the depositor and provide for survivorship provisions
This program addresses:
- Customer identification programs,
- IRS requirements for TIN certification,
- Customer due diligence and enhanced due diligence, and
- Consumer protection laws and the distribution of disclosures.
Content does not focus on state law, but it does discuss account titling where more than one individual is involved. For example:
- Joint tenancies with a right of survivorship,
- Tenancies in common and tenancies by the entirety,
- POD provisions,
- “In trust for” provisions, and
- Agents, authorized or convenience signers.
Personnel who routinely open deposit accounts or supervise, audit or review the process. Content is at the basic or intermediate level. It does not reflect the laws of a particular state.
Laura Wilson, Pegasus Educational Services, LLC
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2.5 hours/session CRCM
Member price: $265.00 | Non member price $530.00
Member price: $280.00 | Non member price $560.00
Online: Visit the CBA Webinar Catalog
Mail: Click here and mail completed form with check payable to ConferenceEdge to: (Mail at least 10 days prior to event)
1516 Xavier St., Ste 500, Denver, CO 80204
Phone: Call ConferenceEdge at (877) 988-7526 (credit card payments only)
- Preferred Payment Method: Online
- Please register online or by phone when paying with a credit card
- Payment Must Accompany Registration – Invoices are Not Provided
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.