Opening Deposit Accounts for High Risk Customers: CIP, CDD & Risk
This A to Z approach to handling high risk customers provides step-by-step opening procedures for each and questions to ask to ensure compliance with BSA examination procedures.
This is an A to Z approach to handling high risk customers and the opening procedures for each. You will receive step-by-step sample procedures and questions to ask high risk customers.
You will also get an excel spreadsheet to assign risk for the customer based on transactions, geography and type of high risk customer and account. This is a practical and useful program for those of you who need to develop the account opening procedures from the ground up and comply with BSA examination procedures.
- What is a “high” risk customer?
- Opening procedures and guidance’s on:
- Third party payment processors
- Pay day lenders
- Money service businesses
- Marijuana related businesses
- Nonresident aliens and politically exposed people
- Nongovernment organizations
- Professional service providers
- Privately held ATM service providers
- And more
- How to ask questions and gather documentation to establish risk
- Use an excel spreadsheet as a tool
- Sample set up procedures for these accounts
- Risk rating the high risk customer for monitoring purposes
New Accounts representatives, branch managers, personal bankers, private banking, BSA Staff, compliance, risk management and security.
Deborah Crawford is the President of Gettechnical Inc, a firm, specializing in the education of financial institutions across the nation. Her 27+ years of experience began at Hibernia National Bank in New Orleans. Debbie specializes in the education of financial institution employees and officers in the area of deposit account laws, new account documentation, insurance, compliance regulations and IRAs.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2 hours/session
Member price: $275.00 | Non member price $550.00
Member price: $295.00 | Non member price $560.00
Online: Visit the CBA Webinar Catalog
Mail: Click here and mail completed form with check payable to ConferenceEdge to: (Mail at least 10 days prior to event)
1516 Xavier St., Ste 500, Denver, CO 80204
Phone: Call ConferenceEdge at (877) 988-7526 (credit card payments only)
- Preferred Payment Method: Online
- Please register online or by phone when paying with a credit card
- Payment Must Accompany Registration – Invoices are Not Provided
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.