Opening Accounts for Nonprofits & Charities
From clubs to campaigns, these organization accounts have different rules and procedures for each.
Learn how to set-up these different nonprofit organizations, associations and corporations.
This program is a must for those who open accounts for community, civic and fund raising organizations. The documentation and signature card do’s and don’ts will be covered for your financial institution so that you can document authority, liability and on-going signatory rights on each.
- How to set up: nonprofit corporations, nonprofit organizations that are formal, informal clubs, charities, homeowners associations, campaigns and tragedy or benefit accounts
- Signature cards, resolutions and documentation required on each of these accounts
- TIN for entities using the parent organization’s TIN
- How to obtain TIN
- BSA requirements for nonprofit organizations
- Common errors and signature card problems
- What happens when signers move away
- How to document changes in signers
- Insurance issues
- Special issues on public funds
This informative session will be useful for new account representatives, customer service representatives, member service representatives, branch administration, branch operations, branch managers, personal bankers, compliance, BSA and anyone who opens new accounts
Deborah Crawford is the President of Gettechnical Inc., a Virginia based training company. She specializes in the deposit side of the financial institution and is an instructor on IRAs, BSA, Deposit Regulations and opening account procedures. She was formerly with Hibernia National Bank (now Capital One) and has bachelor’s and master’s degrees from Louisiana State University. She has 27 years of combined teaching and banking experience.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2.5 CE Credits
- Live Webinar which includes 5 Day On-Demand - $265
- Six Month On-Demand – $295
- Live plus Six Month On-Demand – $365
- CD-ROM (Includes Six Month On-Demand) – $345
- Premier (Includes all options) – $395
- Additional Locations – $75
Online: Click here.
Phone: Call Total Training Solutions at (800) 831-0678
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.