Open-Ended Lines of Credit – Compliance Issues
Complying with the open-ended provisions of Regulation Z is a complicated issue.
There are many intricate requirements to follow, from disclosures, servicing, and advertising. Plus, there are differing requirements depending on whether the plan is a home equity line of credit (HELOC), credit card plan, or personal or overdraft line.
This webinar will focus on the personal/overdraft lines and HELOC requirements. We will discuss how to ensure all the Reg. Z rules are followed, especially around disclosures. We’ll also touch on some of the other rules that impact HELOCs, such as appraisal rules and the coming HMDA requirements.
- Determining basic coverage of lines of credit under Reg. Z and other consumer protection rules
- Changes in terms – “significant changes”
- Treatment of credit balances
- Disclosing variable rate plans
- HELOC special provisions, including right of rescission
- Advertising open-ended credit plans, including marketing to college students
- Servicing – periodic statements
- Real estate laws and regs for HELOCs
- Fair lending implications (there are some!)
- And much more
Anyone in the institution having responsibilities in offering, underwriting or servicing consumer-purpose open-ended credit plans, including loan officers, processors, clerks, closing agents, and so forth. Also compliance officers and counsel will benefit from the information provided in this webinar.
Carl Pry is a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) and Certified Risk Professional (CRP) who is a Managing Director for Treliant Risk Advisors in Washington, DC. Through his working career, as well as through his experience as a banking attorney and officer, he has provided a variety of regulatory compliance and financial performance services to financial institutions and other clients throughout the country. He has written extensively regarding consumer and commercial compliance, tax, audit, and financial institution legal issues, and is a frequent contributor to and currently serves on the Editorial Advisory Board for the ABA Bank Compliance magazine. He has spoken at scores of banking, compliance, and state bar associations, and has conducted training sessions for financial institutions across the country.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2.5 CE Credits
- Live Webinar which includes 5 Day On-Demand - $265
- Six Month On-Demand – $295
- CD-ROM (Includes Six Month On-Demand) – $325
- Live plus Six Month On-Demand – $365
- Premier (Includes all options) – $395
- Additional Locations – $75
Online: Click here.
Phone: Call Total Training Solutions at (800) 831-0678
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.