Oil & Gas Lending 2016: Structuring & Restructuring
Prices have steadily declined and oil and gas companies are filing bankruptcy in record numbers.
This webinar is a must for any bank that has or is considering loaning against oil & gas assets or has oil and gas loans in their portfolio.
In 2014, the OCC issued a new Oil & Gas Production Lending Handbook to provide guidance on oil & gas production lending, markets, lending structures, types of reserves, associated risks, and, most importantly, supervisory expectations for risk management and expanded examination procedures. Since then, oil prices have steadily declined, and oil and gas companies are filing bankruptcy in record numbers. This webinar will provide bankers with a thorough understanding of oil & gas lending, loan documentation, due diligence and bankruptcy/restructuring issues. It is a must for any bank that has or is considering loaning against oil & gas assets or has oil and gas loans in their portfolio.
Lenders LearnTM Chapter 9 Highlights
- Oil & gas terminology, markets and lending structures
- Risk management, including loan policy, underwriting and valuation
- Oil & gas loan documentation
- Credit agreement covenants, including production reporting-audit capability, maintenance of leases, maintenance of properties to industry standards, hedging and gas imbalances
- Lender diligence on oil & gas leaseholds, operating and non-operating working interests, overriding royalty interests and landowner or non-participating royalty interest
- Land title issues, including the engagement of landmen
- Conducting a site visit to the borrower’s land department
- Reviewing oil & gas leases, farmout agreements, joint operating agreements, purchase agreements and other material contracts
- Environmental issues, including Phase 1 environmental assessments and hydraulic fracturing
- Other oil & gas financing structures, including volumetric production payments, master limited partnerships, bonds, private equity investment and joint ventures
- Regulatory compliance and reserve reviews
- Agencies overseeing the oil & gas industry
- Laws effecting oil & gas lending
- Oil & gas bankruptcy issues
Introducing Lenders LearnTM
Lenders LearnTM provides a deep understanding of secured lending. For each of the 15 core courses (30 hours total), attendees receive a copy of the slides and at least one chapter from Robin’s new 2016 Multistate Secured Lending Guide. Once completed, you will have a 17 chapter reference. See below for 2016 broadcast dates.
1: Basic Business Entities (1/21)
2: The UCC for Lenders (2/3)
3: Loan Doc 101: Basic Secured Loan Documentation (2/10)
4: Loan Doc 101: Lien Perfection: Business Collateral (2/17)
5 & 6: Loan Doc 101: Reviewing Collateral Files (2/18)
7 & 8: Basic RE Loan Documentation (3/2 & 3/3)
9: Oil & Gas Lending (4/6)
10: Agricultural Lending (4/18)
11: Commercial Loan Documentation (5/3 & 5/4)
12: Letters of Credit (5/17)
13: Lending to Municipalities (8/24)
14: 15, 16: Basic Bankruptcy for Bankers (11/2)
17: Loan Participations for Bankers (11/15)
All bank personnel involved in oil & gas lending, restructuring, loan documentation and compliance will benefit from attending this program.
Robin Russell co-chairs Andrews Kurth’s national Financial Restructuring practice. Andrews Kurth’s energy practice is consistently recognized among the best in the industry, with regular top rankings from Bloomberg, Thomson Financial, Chambers and Partners, Legal 500, The American Lawyer and Best Law Firms by U.S. News and World Report. Robin frequently represents businesses in the energy industry in contract negotiations and represents creditors and asset purchasers in energy-related bankruptcy proceedings.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2 hours/session
Member price: $275.00 | Non member price $550.00
Member price: $295.00 | Non member price $590.00
Online: Visit the CBA Webinar Catalog
Mail: Click here and mail completed form with check payable to ConferenceEdge to: (Mail at least 10 days prior to event)
1516 Xavier St., Ste 500, Denver, CO 80204
Phone: Call ConferenceEdge at (877) 988-7526 (credit card payments only)
- Preferred Payment Method: Online
- Please register online or by phone when paying with a credit card
- Payment Must Accompany Registration – Invoices are Not Provided
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.