Now You’re the Supervisor
For new and veteran supervisors alike, get key components for supervisory success.
Supervisors must master the art of juggling – staff, schedules, meetings, compliance concerns, goals, deadlines, training, backing-up the employee who didn’t come in…. The list goes on and on. Discover how to keep all the balls in the air without breaking a sweat.
If you need others to take direction from you to succeed, you’ll find this program of tremendous value. Learn techniques and strategies to handle your responsibilities successfully while increasing your job satisfaction.
It’s a positive real-world approach for ramping up your leadership skills and addressing critical supervisory issues needed to becoming an extraordinary supervisor.
What You Will Learn
- Acknowledge Your New Role – Embrace the challenge of moving from team member to supervisor. Learn the value of boundaries. Doing so will help you balance your need for approval with the larger need for meeting team and company goals.
- Plan and Prioritize – Realize that your primary job is to make sure everything that needs to get done gets done. Planning and prioritizing departmental tasks, and assigning the right tasks to the right people, is key to everyone’s success.
- Be Accessible – Take time to walk around your department to see and hear what’s going on. It’s a great way to find and take advantage of “coachable moments.”Establish routine coaching appointments with your staff to create consistent, timely accessibility.
- Encourage Teamwork – Foster input from team members and demonstrate how the success of one benefits the entire team and positively impacts the entire organization.
- Communicate Upward and Downward – Let your team in on the reasons behind decisions, then listen and share their input and concerns. This will ensure a happier, more productive workplace for all.
- Delegate – Delegating not only helps you manage your workload, it also helps team members develop important skills and become more self-supervising. Provide encouragement and follow-up so team members know they have the support and resources they need.
- Discipline Effectively – Set clear expectations. When it comes to performance concerns, be specific with team members. Let them see how their actions impact the team and the organization.
Trainers, supervisors, assistant supervisors, or anyone with supervising responsibilities.
Honey Shelton brings the best of both worlds to her speaking and training engagements. She has 25 years of experience as a training and quality improvement consultant for banks and banking associations across the country. Her banking background includes spending three years as Executive Vice President/Chief Retail Banking Officer with First Victoria National Bank.
Nationally recognized as an outstanding speaker, over a half million bankers have participated in programs Honey has presented. Her depth of knowledge, enthusiasm, and compelling personality has left her lasting mark on InterAction Training, the firm she founded in 1983.
As a graduate of the School of Bank Marketing from the University of Colorado, she realizes the value of quality education. Honey invests time as a faculty member for banking schools around the country. She is a repeat presenter for most of the state banking associations.
Honey continues in her own personal pursuit of excellence and is a member of the American Society of Training and Development (ASTD). Currently she is pursuing a self study program on Six Sigma. She has obtained certification in Reality Therapy from the William Glasser Institute as well as certification from the Training and Development Program at Texas A & M.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2.5 CE Credits
- Live Webinar which includes 7 Day On-Demand - $265
- Six Month On-Demand – $295
- Live plus Six Month On-Demand – $365
- CD-ROM (Includes Six Month On-Demand) – $325
- Premier (Includes all options) – $395
- Additional Locations – $75
Online: Click here.
Phone: Call Total Training Solutions at (800) 831-0678
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.