New Amendments to Revised Article 9
The Law Governing Perfection of Liens on Non-Real Estate Collateral has been amended effective July 1, 2013. This new webinar will help bankers understand and make needed adjustments.
Revised Article 9, effective in 2001, is the law that controls how bankers perfect liens on collateral other than real estate. That law has been amended to “clean up” certain uncertainties which have become apparent over the past 10 years. The scope of the amendments is narrow and the changes are easy to understand and adopt into daily loan documentation practice and procedure.
Fundamental loan documentation principles are not changing, but it will be necessary to commit time and energy to the prescribed changes. This new webinar has been created to help bankers understand and make needed adjustments. All bakers involved in the lending function will benefit from this concise and direct presentation.
This is a repeat of our February 4 webinar. It will be presented and recorded live on June 12.
- Changes in filing of UCCs, especially with regard to determining the correct debtor name to use on UCC filings, especially with regard to individual borrowers;
- Documenting correct names;
- Key definition amendments;
- Filing a mortgage as a fixture filing in lieu of a UCC-1;
- Type of debtor organization, debtor jurisdiction, organization identification number to be shown on UCCs (or not);
- New standard UCC forms;
- Other less frequently occurring issues/amendments
Anyone involved in loan documentation including loan officers, loan assistants and secretaries, loan operations personnel, credit analysts and loan administration personnel.
Bob Ullom, a nationally recognized banking educator, began his career as a CPA who came to banking in 1970 to establish a credit analysis function. Bob has been president of two start-up banks and led both fast growing institutions to profitable, sound status. Since 1989, Bob has provided relevant, “real world” training in over 35 states for bankers associations and individual banks. He has been effectively helping bankers deal with accounting issues throughout his career as a banker and a teacher.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2.5 hrs./session CLBB/CRCM/CPB.
Member price: $265.00 | Non member price $530.00
Member price: $280.00 | Non member price $560.00
Online: Visit the CBA Webinar Catalog
Mail: Click here and mail completed form with check payable to ConferenceEdge to: (Mail at least 10 days prior to event)
1516 Xavier St., Ste 500, Denver, CO 80204
Phone: Call ConferenceEdge at (877) 988-7526 (credit card payments only)
- Preferred Payment Method: Online
- Please register online or by phone when paying with a credit card
- Payment Must Accompany Registration – Invoices are Not Provided
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.